Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

banks 2 sensor

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 03:15 PM
Default banks 2 sensor

Hey ya'll, last week i took my car into an AAMCO to have the tranny checked and what not and they pulled a code that was in regards to the "banks 2 sensor"

just yesterday, about 5 days after having the car in AAMCO, my check engine (or "MIL") light came on, im pretty sure the light is in regards to the sensor, but could be wrong, im going to take it back in and they will diagnose and fix the problem for me, they are the closest to where i live on the coast of oregon without traveling about 2 hours over a mountain to an AUDI dealership which will charge about 2wice as much

where exactly is the banks 2 sensor? and if it is malfunctioning would that more than likely be the cause of the "MIL" light since it monitors emissions?

my car is an '01 with 87,000 miles, the sensors are good for about 100,000 miles correct?

anyways, any insight would be cool.

thanks

Old 06-24-2008, 06:23 PM
Default RE: banks 2 sensor

well, i got the check engine light to turn off, i got to thinkin and i checked the gas cap after some **** boy didnt tighten it all the way (here in oregon we have to have attendants pump our gas ) but after i tightened it it took about 12 hours for the light to go away, but still, the question remains about the o2 sensor? does anyone know anything about it or gettin em changed???

late