Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

Ride Height Setting

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 05:02 PM
1st Gear

Little update...
The slime worked well for 3.5 month, then gave up. By then a new suplier appeared on the market: Arnot. Replaced both front for 40% of what it would cost me on AUDI stealership.

Old 11-20-2008, 06:21 PM
1st Gear

I went the Arnott way myself

Old 11-22-2008, 10:44 PM
1st Gear

ok I am not sure if a bag is leaking or not (my car doesn't really sit for any longer then 14 hours)

but even on setting 2 when I am at a stop light I can feel/see my car adjusting height

is that normal?

Old 11-23-2008, 03:28 PM
1st Gear
Unhappy Installing Arnott suspension

Originally Posted by MYD WGN
I went the Arnott way myself
Hello,

One of my bags just went after 85k miles. If I order arnott replacement "springs" for the front, how hard is the job to do myself? I'd need a ball joint splitter, right? That would mean an alignment, too, wouldn't it?

I don't want to pay $1,000 per axle.

Thanks.

Old 11-23-2008, 05:55 PM
1st Gear

Hi there,
To White fish: my car does the same - it's called "self-leveling", I believe. As long as it doesn't flash with leveling problems on the dash - it's ok.
To tbeaulieu: I did it myself recently. There are many places u can find description. http://forums.audiworld.com/allroad/msgs/187583.phtml - one quite good. But failed to extract the pinch bolt. Went for apper connections bolts. Works fine, just don't forget to level in the middle hight before complete tightening. You won't need any extraction tools with this approach.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:12 PM
1st Gear

Mine does the same leveling when I come to a stop. It adjusts pretty frequently...just more noticeable when you stop.
Kinda hard not to worry about it when the stock springs are so prone to leaks though.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:47 AM
1st Gear

Fedor T: It looks like my air spring replacement was successful (the car's not on the ground this morning).

We couldn't get the pinch bolt, either. On the first side, we couldn't hammer it out and turning the bolt head was quite scary, as the the treaded end wasn't moving! We did the upper arm, as well, even though Bentley's says not to. The second side went quite quickly, once we knew what we were doing.

I forgot about your advice not to tighen until the suspension was on a mid level. Do you think I might have caused a problem?

Old 12-01-2008, 11:22 AM
1st Gear

tbeaulieu: by tightening the upper ends in suspention in max raised position you will put an extra strain on the rubber thing in them when car goes low. Hopefully it is not destroyed yet. You probably can adjust it now by releasing the bolt and tightening in the middle.

Old 12-01-2008, 04:30 PM

is it normal for it to let air out of the system when you park? Sometimes when I just get out of my car I hear it letting air out of the system, not sure if this is normal or not. Always seams to be level if I let it sit for a while, its never like really low on any side.

I know on my buddy's E500 his air suspension lets the air out everytime he gets out and raises back up when you unlock the doors. Didn't think this applied to the allroad though.

Old 12-01-2008, 04:39 PM
1st Gear

Yes, that's how it's supposed to work. In fact, I think it only does it after you lock the doors.

Quick Reply: Ride Height Setting