Audi A1 The Supermini Audi

Bluetooth Chip for Audi A1

Old 03-12-2016, 07:51 AM
1st Gear
Lightbulb Bluetooth Chip for Audi A1

Hi there everyone ,

I have an Audi A1 (2011) with the standard CD, Radio, SD Card and AUX MMI, however, it has become way to tedious to always have to plug my phone into the AUX port via a cable so I bough a small Bluetooth/AUX adapter like this one. I hooked it up via the 12V supply which goes into the MMI unit in the centre console, as you can see in
, however, that 12V supply is a constant supply and does not power off when I switch off the ignition, which in return is draining my battery literarily over night. I have been trying to locate a 12V supply within the MMI unit, however, that didn't go so well and I don't want to probe around the device as I may short circuit something by accident.

My question hence: Is there any 12V supply in the car that only comes on when I power on the MMI unit so that the bluetooth can work even when the ignition is not on, such as in the case of the cigarette lighter 12V supply which only works when the ignition is on?

Thanks a lot everyone and sorry for explaining my issue for a bit longer then necessary, I was just making sire that everyone is on the same page as me.

PS: This Bluetooth chip is amazing, it has a really good range and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to install a Bluetooth audio receiver for a very small amount of money. as it simply splices into the AUX cable making use of both Bluetooth and AUX. It even switches from AUX to Bluetooth when you are receiving a call on your Bluetooth connected phone. It is also DIY friendly if you were to accidentally connect the polarity in reverse and is very easy to use but cost a lot less then the original AUDI MMI with bluetooth.