Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

2015 A3 Limo noise/vibration

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 02:00 PM
1st Gear

I didn't have to pressure them or give them a hard time at all to get them to take me seriously. I took the service manager for a road test and he guaranteed me that day that they would figure out what it was and get it fixed, no matter how long or how many parts they had to try. My front rim was even a little scratched when I bought it and he said that the dealership I got it from shouldn't have sold it to me with a scratch on it, so he fixed that too. I've been blown away with their customer service!

Old 03-23-2016, 07:40 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by NikkiC
I didn't have to pressure them or give them a hard time at all to get them to take me seriously. I took the service manager for a road test and he guaranteed me that day that they would figure out what it was and get it fixed, no matter how long or how many parts they had to try. My front rim was even a little scratched when I bought it and he said that the dealership I got it from shouldn't have sold it to me with a scratch on it, so he fixed that too. I've been blown away with their customer service!
Good for you!!! Glad everything worked out! Sounds much better than Audi of Charlotte! Every time I bring it in and tell them about the noise, they tell me its the tires out of balance. Thinking of taking it to Audi of Northlake this weekend and let them diagnose the problem and see if they come up with something better than "tire balance...$89.95 please"

Old 03-23-2016, 07:52 AM
1st Gear
Default Worth a Try!

I'd say go for it. Sounds like your normal dealership is only interested in taking your money. If you'd like, I can email you the service papers from my dealership to take with you if you continue to have problems. The tech has every step he took typed up on them. Just let me know, I'd be happy to help. I'd say definitely try another dealership, though. The dealership I bought mine from (Audi Hunt Valley) was trying to write it off as wind noise from the temporary tag (because that makes sense, since the noise was obviously coming from the front of my car, not the back. smh.). I didn't even bother to take it there for them to look at it since they were clearly not taking me seriously from the phone conversation with their service department. I took it to Sun Motors Audi/Porsche and they hit the ground running as soon as I called. My husband has a Porsche that he takes there for all its service--now I see why. I won't be going anywhere else with my Audi from now on!

Old 08-12-2016, 05:16 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by NikkiC
I'd say go for it. Sounds like your normal dealership is only interested in taking your money. If you'd like, I can email you the service papers from my dealership to take with you if you continue to have problems. The tech has every step he took typed up on them. Just let me know, I'd be happy to help. I'd say definitely try another dealership, though. The dealership I bought mine from (Audi Hunt Valley) was trying to write it off as wind noise from the temporary tag (because that makes sense, since the noise was obviously coming from the front of my car, not the back. smh.). I didn't even bother to take it there for them to look at it since they were clearly not taking me seriously from the phone conversation with their service department. I took it to Sun Motors Audi/Porsche and they hit the ground running as soon as I called. My husband has a Porsche that he takes there for all its service--now I see why. I won't be going anywhere else with my Audi from now on!
I may have to take you up on that! Just got back from a repair pickup. Battery was dead and was getting errors on Pre-Sense, Hill assist, Traction/Stability and TPMS. Dealer replaced the battery and found 2 fault codes for internal leaks in front and rear differentials. Asked them AGAIN about the noise and I kid you not, this was the response from John Nuss**** at the service desk:
"We noticed that your rear tires are cupped all the way around on both sides. This is probably the noise you are hearing. When we looked at the sidewall, your tires don't have AO on them. These cars aren't designed to work with non-Audi or aftermarket tires on them."
I stood there for a few seconds just dumbfounded that a service manager would tell me that tire cupping is caused by non-AO tires on Audi rims. The tires i put on to replace the original Continentals that wore out prior to 18000 are the Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 as opposed to the SportContact 5 series that were on it. The only difference between the 2 tires build wise, are the Sports are R18 and the extremes are ZR18. The only thing that causes cupping of a tire, is bent/malfunctioning suspension component. no car on the planet "knows" the tire manufacturer and would therefor; "cause the tire to cup". I plan on taking it to the other dealership when the service is due and ask them about the noise and see what they say. Im done with Audi of Charlotte!!!!!

OK venting is over :-) On a separate note, has anyone had more than 1 malfunction related service issue on their A3? with my original transmission having to be replaced, the battery issues less than 24 months after purchase, the noise/cupping, and now the diff's...Im beginning to regret trading in my FJ Cruiser for this car!

Old 09-05-2016, 02:26 AM
1st Gear

I went to merchant and a tech , I think supervisor rode with me and talked in circles saying it's a mix of street and wind clamor and some other babble. He instructed me to drive in game or move physically. I don't comprehend what it is. It could be sixth apparatus. I've heard it from 35-45 , from 50-60 and enduring at around 70 mph. I take it to another dealership in 2 weeks, I'll let you know how it goes. A debt of gratitude is in order for your reaction, update me as often as possible

Old 09-06-2016, 06:43 AM
1st Gear

Well, I appreciate everyones suggestions and follow up's but I have decided to get rid of her :-(
In spring I will be trading her in on the '17 A4 Prestige. Had a chance to drive a P+ during some maintenance, and LOVED IT!
Went online to read some reviews, and fount that ALOT of people are jumping A3 ship for the new A4 and consider it a much smoother ride. I know some of that is due to longer wider wheelbase, but anything right now would beat this harsh ride (and Im not the only one!)