2016 A3 Trunk Won't Open from Button - AudiForums.com

Go Back  AudiForums.com > Audi Models > Audi A3
2016 A3 Trunk Won't Open from Button >

2016 A3 Trunk Won't Open from Button

Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

2016 A3 Trunk Won't Open from Button

Old 02-09-2018, 10:41 AM
1st Gear
Default 2016 A3 Trunk Won't Open from Button

So I started experiencing this problem about a week ago and it was off and on. As mentioned in the title, my trunk won't open from the button beneath the license plate.

At first, I tried locking and unlocking and opening from inside. After a minute or two, it started working, no problem. A few days later it happened again, but I did the same thing and it went away.

Now today, it happened again and now it won't open at all from the button above the license plate holder. It works fine when I'm inside, but there's no sound and nothing going on. Anyone know what the problem is? Is this something I can fix myself? Or do I need to take it to a shop?

I'm screwed because my Audi care just expired so I need to figure out if I want to approach this economical or not. And I'm also worried that this is just the first step in a series of cascading problems.

[EDIT] Also the button my my key fob works in opening it. The reason I didn't mention it above is because I went to my car just now to see if the problem. I always saw a trunk button my my fob but by pressing it, it never opened, so I assumed it just unlocked it. However by holding the button, it opened the trunk. Live and learn. But the button underneath the trunk still won't open the trunk.

Last edited by fao2468; 02-09-2018 at 10:53 AM. Reason: See [EDIT]