Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

A3 1.8t Chip and dump valve

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 08:45 AM
1st Gear
Default A3 1.8t Chip and dump valve

Hi for all this is my first post.I have 2005 1.6 and 97 1.8t A3. i will tune my turbo one.
i am not in usa so i just have 3 option for my 150 hp 1.8t superchip, wimmer , revo. Which one i should install? price, power gaining are nearly same for all of them.

As i read the old posts i know blow off valve is harmful for our engines so i bought a diverter valve but not installed yet. but i want to learn is it too much harmful because i really wanna hear that blow off sound?

Any other point is n75 valve i bought it and wnat to isntall heard that it increases turbo pressure nearly 0.15 bar .

:And i will do green filter improvement and full exhaust modification with supersprint. What is the true diameter i cant decide between 2.5' and 3'. Cause i will use my turbo upto 1.3 peak bar i wont need 3' ?

I will very glad to hear your advices.

Old 03-20-2007, 05:56 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: A3 1.8t Chip and dump valve

Some answers.

I don't know Wimmer but I do have experience of both Superchips and Revo on a 1.8T. It's about 4 years ago since I tried Superchips on that engine and I wasn't that impressed. At that time they still did a physical chip change but I believe that they now map via the OBD port. They've also really upped their game over the last few years so they're probably a lot better than they once were. I ran Revo for about 18 months and really did enjoy it. It's not the smoothest map around but you definitely get bang for your buck. Power is there straight away but does tail off a little at the top end. Out of the two I'd go for Revo.

A diverter valve is certainly what you want. Which one did you get? The Forge 007 or Forge Eliminator are both good units. The 007 is a piston type and the Eliminator uses a strengthened diaphragm. Both carry a lifetime guarantee. You should be able to hear both, nothing like a blow off valve but you'll know they're there. If you want 'whoosh-pshht' noise then fit the diverter valve and a CAI kit. A good CAI will also help out at the top end of the rev range.

N75? No idea, left mine alone.

I had a 2.5" Blueflame downpipe with a Milltek back but whether that's relevant I'm not sure