Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

A3 Turbo Upgrade...

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 11:41 AM
1st Gear
Default A3 Turbo Upgrade...

I've heard a chip may tax the stock turbo. Is there a turbo out there that can be fitted to a chipped A3, which can handel the added stress? Any other engine components at risk?

I'm new to front wheel drive cars...how much power can you get out of the 2.0T without "torque steer" and whatever other downsides may arrise? Are there mechanical differential locks and other such devices that can limit the drawbacks of front wheel drive?

Old 06-02-2006, 03:21 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: A3 Turbo Upgrade...

To be honest, any upgrade to the motor will cause more stress to all the parts. Most engine mods are designed to create more horsepower and with more horse power comes added stress. As of right now, there are no turbo upgrades for the A3. As soon as we know, so will the world. A front mount too! Check us out at www.969motorsports.com.

Old 06-02-2006, 07:02 PM
Default RE: A3 Turbo Upgrade...

ORIGINAL: poweruser

I've heard a chip may tax the stock turbo. Is there a turbo out there that can be fitted to a chipped A3, which can handel the added stress? Any other engine components at risk?

I'm new to front wheel drive cars...how much power can you get out of the 2.0T without "torque steer" and whatever other downsides may arrise? Are there mechanical differential locks and other such devices that can limit the drawbacks of front wheel drive?
What was said previously is true. I have a chipped A3 and I don't get any torque steer with the added boost. The limitation I currently find is the ESP system will kick in significantly through the first two gears and some in third gear under WOT. It does use the brakes to stop excessive tire spin and it is a limiting factor with the added power. Other than that, the car is a freakin rocket, to quote another more eloquent member.

Cheers!

Chef