Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

A3 Window Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 02:48 PM
1st Gear
Thumbs down A3 Window Problems

hey folks,

having a bit of trouble with my windows on my 8L 3dr..

The passenger side window has decided to stop working on me, it goes all the way down or how ever far down i want it to go but will never come back up, moves about an inch or so, sticks then travels all the way down, only way to get it back up is by taking off the motor and pushing it up.. Is this likely to be just the clips? It looks as though the clip on the pillar side is slower/sticking as the window seems to go to an angle just before it clunks and travels back down.. I found a set of clips on ebay for six pound delivered so have gone ahead and ordered them just incase but always handy to have a spare set in case I guess

In the winter time I accidently hit my driver side window switch and snapped the cable, I bought a replacement kit from ebay which had new clips and and a regulator cable and housing.. fitting it was a bit of a pig but I got it fitted and it worked for about a day and now just makes a churning noise when you try to open or close it and the wire gets all twisted inside the housing.. Any ideas as to where I may have gone wrong? no idea why it churns up the cable but it does =/

Any tips on either of the two would be greatly appreciated!