Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

A3 Wrecked x2!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 04:48 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: A3 Wrecked x2!

I've probably missed something...

Why no A3?

Completely different animals but out of those either the S2000 or the GTi. Mainly because I have no idea what the others are. And wallowing 4x4s are a no-no

The sign of a true petrol head? A couple of days after a near death experience you've already got a short list of replacements. Good for you A3Night

Old 04-10-2007, 04:56 PM
1st Gear

I'd go with the S2K ifcould live with the lack of space for stuff. For the SI, i'm sure a quick test drive will kill that lust pretty quick....its still just a civic. The GTI, after having an A3 i would think is like moving backwards, its the same car, but not as nice(inside anyway). Of that listI guess i'd say S2K for sure(07 for the added torque). However after having had a high strung torqueless high reving car before, and having the torque monster that the A3 is....well I'll never settle for no torque again.

Old 04-10-2007, 05:29 PM
1st Gear

Wow, glad you weren't seriously injured. IMO if you were in 4X4's you may not be here to talk about what you are gonna get.They probably would have flipped. The S2Ks are pretty nice but I'm sure you'd get tired of it quickly.You would probably get tired of the high revs. The civic is still a civic. If you would consider a GTI why would you not consider another A3 or even an A4?

The main thing is you are all right so whatever you decide is a testament to the safety features of the A3.

Old 04-10-2007, 05:41 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja

soo thats it...[&o]
youre going away from the rings eh?

SoCal AF team Voltron sheds a tear

Old 04-10-2007, 06:21 PM
1st Gear

Ouch... Argh... Crash looks pretty bad.
Glad to hear you are OK.

I tested the s2000 and it was a great car but you are going to miss the room.I lived with 2 MR2 for 4 years and they have even less space and it is fine as long as you know that you cannot fit something larger than a bag.I actually like the GTI, to me it feelsgood than the A3, although it looks tiny on the outside. In the end the A3 is a more grown-up care compared to the GTI. For sport, the S2000 is faster for room, the GTI is a good compromise.

Good luck to you - stay safe

Old 04-10-2007, 06:22 PM
L7
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: i3uddha

soo thats it...[&o]
youre going away from the rings eh?
A3Night;
You don't have to answer me - but, I'm curious. Why? I've read all your posts and you loved your car. And after walking away from that impact - I would definitely stick with hardware I was sure of.

Old 04-10-2007, 06:29 PM
1st Gear

The A3 might have saved you from more severe injuries.
Won't you be able to recover the costs of a new A3 from the insurance?

It's sad to see you walk away from us...

Old 04-10-2007, 06:57 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Seems like you still want a small compact car with some good performance, why not go for the Subbie WRX? it just came out two days ago, check out their website......

So why not go for the Rings again?

Did you get yourself Checked out yet?

Hey, if you plan on salvaging your car, can i see if your rear rims are still in good shape...... or your exhaust..... or whatever else you wanna sell to me?

Old 04-10-2007, 08:32 PM
SoCal Crew Member

I also want to see A3Night stay in an Audi A3.

Full disclosure:

A3Night has helped me with my A3 many times, from little things like tweak the fitment of the rear center arm rest after the dealer replaced it, to more involved things like injecting foam to get rid of the fuel line rattle and changing my oil at 10K miles. He also removed my steering wheel (expertly and delicately) to do the trip computer mod (OOOO-A3). Throughout these projects, I have done little other than (a) provide a VAG-COM cable, and (b) "supervise" while having a smoke.

He is a true friend and Audi enthusiast, and his expertise and willingness to help and give advice will be sorely missed if he does not stay within the Audi community.

Therefore, here's my impassioned critique of the vehicles in his list.

1. Honda S2000

An excellent driving machine to have as a SECOND or weekend car. Inconvenient as a daily driver. Not to mention safety (look at his smashed A3 and imagine how it would look if he was in a S2000) and insurance cost factor (in view of his accident).

2. & 3. Gas-guzzling trucks

Increased fuel costs will be significant, and that means he will no longer have access to a vehicle with any semblance of performance (unless he comes over to work on or test drive my A3, heh heh.)

4. Honda Civic Si

Still only a Civic, not to mention the science fiction interior. Get blown away by stock GTI's and A3's at every stop light. You might as well get the GTI, cost-wise.

5. VW GTI

The 4 door version is the most acceptable choice as a daily driver among the five. But, according to my insurance company (Liberty Mutual) the A3 is actually less to insure than a GTI, so in the long run the cost differencebetween the two are less than the respective MSRP's would indicate.

At the end, you will end up missing the A3. Afterall, you got it in the first place for a reason. I would suggest, to save cost (and weight), skip the Open Sky (like I did). And since you want a manual, that saves some more.

Old 04-10-2007, 10:01 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: a3_yuppie

I also want to see A3Night stay in an Audi A3.

Full disclosure:

A3Night has helped me with my A3 many times, from little things like tweak the fitment of the rear center arm rest after the dealer replaced it, to more involved things like injecting foam to get rid of the fuel line rattle and changing my oil at 10K miles. He also removed my steering wheel (expertly and delicately) to do the trip computer mod (OOOO-A3). Throughout these projects, I have done little other than (a) provide a VAG-COM cable, and (b) "supervise" while having a smoke.

He is a true friend and Audi enthusiast, and his expertise and willingness to help and give advice will be sorely missed if he does not stay within the Audi community.
x2

Quick Reply: A3 Wrecked x2!