Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Acceleration problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 02:12 AM
Default Acceleration problem

Hi,

Does anyone of you experience the same problem as mine? My Audi is a 1.8T auto(tiptronic). I have noticed that the car accelerated from stationary in a rather sluggish way, as if there is something pulling my back. It seems OK when it is in the 2nd gear above. Recently, there is an additional problem, that when it changes to 2nd gear, there is a sudden push, just as if someone pulling my back when starts, and then suddenly release when it changes to 2nd gear. The problem comes and goes, particularly prominent when I start on moderate speed. (I don't use to race start the car in fact, I tend to use it gently). The local Audi dealer service says it is OK! and deny any problem with the gearbox. I wish to see if any of you have the same problem with the tiptronic, or in your opinion, it is not the gearbox problem?

Thanks very much for you advice.

Jazz

Old 01-27-2005, 02:17 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Acceleration problem

I would suggest get a tip chip and see what that does, it will make your tranny alot smarter and may work it out.

Old 01-27-2005, 11:14 PM
Default RE: Acceleration problem

Thanks very much for the advice. I shall see if it works. Unfortunately, I have to see if changing the tip chip would violate the warranty contract!!! I have paid a big sum (over 1000 US dollars) to extend the warranty contract from 3 to 5 year, and in order to keep that valid, I have to take the Audi back for service at least once a year and that is another big sum (over 500 US dollar per service). Does it sound stupid! Golf and Beetle has exactly the same chassis and engine and serviced by the same agent, the service charge is just a third to half of that for the Audi. They do not give a good expanation for that. Audi is a good car, I admit, but does not appear to worth the money for the "service".

Thanks Audiboy1618.

jazz