Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Audi A3 problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 07:27 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi A3 problems

Hi everyone, first post here. I have a 98 Audi a3 1.6 petrol. Recently its been giving me a lot of problems with regards to starting. At first it seemed to lose a bit of power while driving and then rectify itself and run smooth.

However about a week ago it wouldnt start at all. Would try to tick over put would die almost straight away. After two days of this it started up but then lost power when driving (would not go over 80 kph with the foot down. The mechanic took a look at it and changed the fuel filter. It went perfect for about a week and then started chuging and losing some power when driving. Yesterday it wouldnt start again. Left it over night and is now starting up perfect. Very frustrating. The mechanic looked at it and said the imboiliser and crankshaft sensor are coming up as a fault on his machine. He says that either of these wouldnt just cause it to try start up and stop.

Compeltly going crazy..I love the car but its giving a lot of hassel. Anyone been through anything like this or have an idea what it may be?