Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

2012 Audi A4 Audi Music Interface Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 12:41 PM
1st Gear
Default 2012 Audi A4 Audi Music Interface Problems

Hi all!

I apologize if this problem is posted elsewhere but I was unable to find the exact issue I was facing.

So my AMI refuses to recognized by iPhone 4s anymore. On Tuesday (June 4th) everything was working perfectly, the way it has been for the last year and a half but I wake up on Wednesday (June 5th) start the car, connect my phone and out of nowhere I get a message saying "Audi Music Interface: Connected device cannot be read."

Since then I have been going through Google and various forums looking for a solution to no avail.

I have reset, reformatted and restored from backup, deleting all my music apps - using the normal ipod app to play music but nothing has worked. When I connect my phone to the AMI, it charges but nothing else. I connected my girlfriend's phone (same as mine) and it works perfectly fine. My iPhone works fine connected to the computer, synching through itunes etc.

The only change between Tuesday and Wednesday was that I installed the Audible app but I deleted that too and still getting the same error message.

I've got a long road trip planned in a couple of weeks and if I have to listen to radio the whole time, I might end up in an institution somewhere.

Thanks for all your help in advance!