Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

AWE boost gauge installed!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 10:32 PM
1st Gear
Default AWE boost gauge installed!

Well i installed my AWE boost gauge today, quite a simple task really. The instructions should really warn you about disconnecting the battery though and the consequences it has. After reconnecting it, I got an ESP system fault, the windows automatic mode didnt work anymore, and a couple other oddities happened. luckily for me my friend has an audi and has experienced similar behavior and told me the simple remedy. A quick drive around the block cleared out the ESP fault(and proved the boost gauge is working as well!) and to fix the auto up/down on the windows all that was needed was rolling each window down, by itself, all the way down then all the way up until it stops. after doing that for each window all is well and my first mod is complete...now on to something else.

Old 09-09-2006, 11:14 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: AWE boost gauge installed!

I had the same problems on my 06 xterra when I was installing a sound system. The VDC light would come on until I drove around. The window part you speak of is just a recalibration for the auto up/down and anti finger pinch thingy. Nevertheless, I whould alsways wait 30 minutes after turning off the engine before disconnecting the battery.

Good job on the install. How did you take the original hose clips off? I used a drill [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 09-10-2006, 12:15 AM
1st Gear

oh man, those clips are a BITCH to take off! I jused some wirecutters, brute force, and some persistance...Myself and wirecutters 1 / crappy clips 0.

and yeah, the car was off for at least 20-30 min before i got disconnected it. Not by planning, but I read the directions first then removed the battery engine cover and by then, 30 min. had passed(i was taking my time and was a little scared just yanking on the engine cover, but it does just pop right off! Part of me is wanting to move the gauge from the left side to one of the centervents, its more line of sight while driving, but i guess it doesn't matter...we'll see, maybe next week i'll do that, but then i'd have to extend the wiring harness they included.

that window thing should be in a sticky somewhere as a "what happens when your battery is removed" so no one panics when their windows dont work right anymore! I was afraid i might have to go to the dealer to fix it and then they might blame what i did...etc.... lucky for me my friend cleared it up real quick and easy.

Old 09-10-2006, 01:08 PM

Did mine about two weeks ago, same problems. All I was worried about is that the wife said don't mess with your car, because something will go wrong! It made my day when everything fixed itself