Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Eibach Problems!!! please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 03:36 AM
Default Eibach Problems!!! please help

I put the Eibach pro kit on my A3 2006 2.0T It was a 1.2 lowering kit. I put them on today and now when i go over bumps i bottom out in the back. The backis alsoabout 1 to 2cm lower than the front.Also if i have people in the back when i turn, the wheels rub. Will a rear sway barget rid of the rubbing when i turn. I have ordered the Koni FSD's also and plan to put them on once they are off back order. Will they help with the rubbing in the back? Any ideas will be much appreciated. The car looks fantastic and handling improved 90% but i hate to rub in the back. Oh i also have 18x8. Do i go back to stock get new springs or will the FSD's help out? Thanks for helping out a Noooob.

Old 04-08-2007, 04:50 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Eibach Problems!!! please help

ORIGINAL: oliverlight

I put the Eibach pro kit on my A3 2006 2.0T It was a 1.2 lowering kit. I put them on today and now when i go over bumps i bottom out in the back. The back is also about 1 to 2cm lower than the front. Also if i have people in the back when i turn, the wheels rub. I have ordered the Koni FSD's also and plan to put them on once they are off back order. Will they help with the rubbing in the back?
Usually you install a suspension kit where the dampers (Koni FSD's missing) and lowering springs (Eibach pro installed) are designed to work together.
Will a rear sway bar get rid of the rubbing when i turn.
A sway bar is used to counteract the side to side rolling force of a car as it circumvents a corner. Rubbing when you turn the wheel, means inadequate clearances.

When all is done as far as lowering your car and stiffening your ride, you need to recheck wheel alignment.

Old 04-08-2007, 05:21 AM

i appologise i explained that wrong. I mean when i am driving and take a corner depending on which way i turn one of the back ends will sway to the side and the tire hits the wheel well. i.e.turning at a stoplight not going very fast with two people in back approx. 300lbs. So are you saying the koni fsd's will help? i hope so i just got anxious to lower my car so i decited to put the springs on b/c the konis are on backorder.

Old 04-08-2007, 06:26 AM
1st Gear

i appologise i explained that wrong. I mean when i am driving and take a corner depending on which way i turn one of the back ends will sway to the side and the tire hits the wheel well. i.e.turning at a stoplight not going very fast with two people in back approx. 300lbs. So are you saying the koni fsd's will help? i hope so i just got anxious to lower my car so i decited to put the springs on b/c the konis are on backorder.
Yes the Koni FSD shocks will result in a much firmer ride, compared to your factory dampers. Another person who went with Eibach pro kit combined with Koni FSD had this to say:
"Low frequency movements (like turns) are damped hard and low frequency movements (like bumps) are damped softly. I can take the same corners at much higher speeds with more confidence as the car stays relatively flat. At the same time, bumps that used to make me wince are now totally acceptable."
But this guy did both at the same time, not putting in only the Eibach pro lowering kit.

Old 04-08-2007, 06:58 AM

Sweet that is the best thing I have heard all day........I will keep you guys updated when i get my FSD's and let you know if it fixes the problem.

Old 04-08-2007, 10:23 AM
2nd Gear

If you take your rear wheels off and check exactly where your rubbing, if it's the felt cover and nothing else you could take that felt out and cut out where the tire is making contact and reinstall, the felt is anchored by a couple of screws . I have h&r sport springs and had rubbing in the rear. I have 19x8 you have 18x8 you might also check on getting a slightly lower profile on your tires next time around. Good luck.