Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in? Step in and let's talk about it.

Eibach/Eibach or Eibach/Koni Yellow

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 02:46 PM
Default Eibach/Eibach or Eibach/Koni Yellow

Hi all,

I am looking to upgrade suspension on a 2003 A6 3.0 FWD. Which is a better combo:
- Eibach Springs with Eibach shocks (the Pro System) or
- Eibach Springs with Koni yellow shocks.

It is my daily driver car and I just want a firmer suspension with better handling and less roll/squatting/diving, but not too harsh.

For that matter, could I get a significantly better ride by just putting on Koni FSDs with the stock springs?

I've never tried aftermarket suspension upgrades before, so any advice would help. Thanks!

Old 08-25-2008, 07:17 PM
1st Gear
Default Eibach

I just replaced the stock non-sport suspension on my 01 A6 2.7t with the Eibach kit (coils and shocks) yesterday. I also added RS6 sway bars. My first impression is that it doesn't ride as well as I had hoped for. It's not that harsh but it seems to float up and down over dips and bumps more than I would like, and more than the stock suspension. I have not got a chance to wring it out yet but I'm hoping for more of a positive change in body roll.

I don't have experiance with the other two set ups but thought you might want to hear abou the Eibach set up.

Jim

Old 08-26-2008, 08:51 PM
Default Hope it settles out to a better ride for you

Thanks for the feedback. I ordered the Eibach system kit a few days ago so I guess I'm committed for better or worse. I'll let you know what I think of the set up in a couple of weeks. I can't imagine it will be worse than my current setup of OEM non-sport springs and blown shocks.

Frank

Old 08-29-2008, 12:52 PM
SoCal Crew Member

~sigh~. Eibach Pro Kit is my biggest regret. I have them installed on my 225t and you can't even notice it is lowered. Manufacture says 1.5" drop all around (I didn't get that, more like .5"). If anything, when I measured the space from wheel to body (from the rear). I have less of a gap then my fronts. It's a bad stance. Only good thing is the ride is still smooth.

You can see the Stance on my pic below.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:29 AM
1st Gear
Default Eibach impressions

I had a chance to take out my Eibach equiped A6 over the holiday weekend. Drove from Vail down to Aspen and back. It does corner very well and I still wouldn't consider it harsh. With the RS6 swaybars it has virtually no body roll and it a lot of fun. I've owned a C4 Vette and a moded Miata and for a sedan it handles quite well.

Jim