Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.
View Poll Results: A poll
2003-2005 Lancer Evolution
33.85%
2006 Audi A3 2.0T
66.15%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

EVO or A3

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 01:14 AM
Default RE: EVO or A3

A3 ofcourse
REVO chip $500
Eibach springs $250
=
Above 120 mph beats EVO
In the curves pushes EVO out!!!
Proven fact
And looks much better and sexyer
By the way STI is not even comparison to the chiped A3

Old 05-16-2007, 10:23 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: odroggy

A3 ofcourse
REVO chip $500
Eibach springs $250
=
Above 120 mph beats EVO
In the curves pushes EVO out!!!
Proven fact
And looks much better and sexyer
By the way STI is not even comparison to the chiped A3
I'm sorry but that's hard to believe.

Old 05-16-2007, 02:36 PM
1st Gear

I know we're all talking about performance, but you also mentioned increased space. The numbers may differ, but i honestly feel that i don't have any more space in this car than i did in the Mazda protege from my past life. Just when i feel like i have enough leg room, i take a peek at the foot well of the rear seatand surprise surprise...no leg room. just something for you to consider.

Old 05-16-2007, 03:24 PM

well i will try to get some videos for you but its not fear to the EVO i am on stage 2[8D][8D][8D][8D]

Old 05-16-2007, 04:50 PM
1st Gear

sorry to stray off topic...but Odroggy, have i seen you on 123 in fairfax? dark tint and s3 badge...could it be you?

Old 05-16-2007, 05:53 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: odroggy

well i will try to get some videos for you but its not fear to the EVO i am on stage 2[8D][8D][8D][8D]
Video doesn't mean much I'm afraid, there are a lot of bad STi and Evo drivers out there (As a matter of fact, I actually beat my friends STi because he miss shifted , but I would never say my A3 can beat his STi). My 2.0T was chipped ARP (Stage 1) and it's no where close to a STi. On the track, it's not even on the same planet, AWD > FWD. Even with suspension upgrade and sway bar, I'm afraid it's no match for a STi or Evo.

Old 05-16-2007, 07:01 PM
1st Gear

WOW!!!!
Some people are so clueless here it's hilarious!!!!
Obviously, people ******* the Evo have never driven one. First off, let me say that I don't care what you do to an A3, it will still get smoked by an Evo.( and that's talkingfull exhaust/downpipes, flash, KO4's,CAI, etc..)Put them into the twisties and it will absolutely embarass an A3. When you say "ricer", that is just a veryracist statement. No I am not a high schooler, but I bought the Evo as a car that will fly around the track. Trust me , I traded in my B7 S4 for an A3 and an Evo because I wasn't happy with the performance of the S4. The Evo puts the S4 to shame. I love how so many Audi A3 drivers have an arrogance about themselves because they drive an A3. Well, guess what, The Evo costs more money than an A3. The A3 is an entry level car for Audi. Don't get me wrong here, I love Audi too; I just get tired of ignorant and racist comments from some of the drivers. Sorry if I upset anyone, but some people need to get a clue. No flaming is intended to most people here, especially guys like Chef who have been here and actually contribute thoughtful and useful knowledge. I just had to vent. OK, I'm better now.

Old 05-16-2007, 07:36 PM
1st Gear

^ well put! i love my car but then there's the real world to consider.

Old 05-16-2007, 07:58 PM
1st Gear

BTW, the Evo MR with everything on it is still outpriced (3k) by the 3.2.

Old 05-16-2007, 08:21 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: smarsenal

WOW!!!!
When you say "ricer", that is just a veryracist statement.
Rice burner is a pejorative used initially to describe Asian-made — specifically Japanese-made — motorcycles and automobiles. Many variations have also been used, such as rice rocket for Japanese sport bikes. More contemporary use of the term rice burner, along with the prefix rice, has taken on an alternate pejorative meaning for an automobile that has been modified to give impression of high performance, but does not necessarily have any high-performance capabilities. This practice is in direct contrast to the "stealth" or "sleeper" style of automotive modification, where a vehicle may have major performance modifications, but the appearance remains similar to that of a stock model. In this manner, the appellation can apply to any vehicle regardless of country of origin. The most commonly modified cars are sport compacts, but the term can apply to any class of vehicle, including trucks. In Denmark, the drivers of these kind of Asian-manufactured cars are referred to as "sushis". It is common for these people to hear comments like "move back to Japan" even if they are clearly not of Asian origin. In some circles, or even entire regions of the U.S., the term rice car is used exclusively to describe Asian-made vehicles, modified or not. However, as more types of cars began being used as a platform for modification, including German and American-made cars, use of the term rice is no longer restricted to Asian-made vehicles.

So Ricer started off as being a racist term but is generally now considered as applicable to any after-market modified sport compact car.

This is a bit of humor, some good lines: You might be a Ricer if
I like this one "The dealer laughs when you bring your car back in for service under warranty, and you've only had it 6 months..."