Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Front Exhaust Hanger Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 09:36 PM
1st Gear
Default Front Exhaust Hanger Bracket

I have gone through 2 front exhaust hanger brackets on my A3 2.0T FWD. I have the APR Turbo back exhaust along with a GIAC program, Evo Intake, Upgrade Fuel Pump.....
I assumed it is the extra torque tearing the bushings in hanger apart. So I installed the NueSpeed Trans Stiffener, that red thing they advertise. It did stiffen things up but...I just tore through stock hanger / bushings number 2. Hanger rods are actually bending the bracket below bushings! Can it be a APR design problem?
Anybody hear of a fix or available upgrade for this front hanger?
Thanks
Scott

Old 01-11-2007, 09:45 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Front Exhaust Hanger Bracket

I recall you posting when your first hanger had problems. I'm currently at 15k and last inspected mine around 12k. I can say my hangers look just fine. COuld it be possible that the exhaust from the downpipe to the back of your care is torqued? You might want to losten all the hose clamps and see if you can realign the exhaust to put less stress on the hangers

Old 01-11-2007, 10:01 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the reply. Good suggestion! Car is going to my speed shop in next few days for them to look at it. Just want to go with as many ideas as posible before I start paying them $91/hour.I am waiting for some "hubcentric" (ones with the ring to fit wheel) spacers from ECS so I can fit stock 17's with snows over my Stop Tech's before I go in. Don't trust the (2) 5 mm ones I have on each front hubnow at warp speed.
APR just told me on phone that they will replace downpipe if I send old one back, so maybe they had a design problem?
Been driving CT to Boston twice a week (190 miles each way) and having a BLAST with the car.
What to do next?
Scott

Old 01-15-2007, 01:16 AM
2nd Gear

Hey dscott how do you like your stoptech upgrades and what size rotors did you get?
Also on your fuel pump upgrade what brand did you get, did you do the install yourself, and how does the new fuel pump effect the performance? Lava grey is the shiznit.[8D]

Old 01-15-2007, 01:25 AM

I just inspected my APR DP and the hangers look great, although mine hasn't been on for that long.

BTW, I'm heading for the Boxter big brake upgrade. Anyone else thought about this path or done it completely? I want to keep the stock rims so I need to make sure they clear the calipers.

I agree..........Lava Grey [sm=bling.gif]

Cheers!