Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Has anyone noticed?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 06:31 PM
1st Gear
Default Has anyone noticed?

It seems to me that my A3 is driving even better then it did when I picked it up and several days after.

I have about 400 miles on it, been about a full week since I had it.

Dont get me wrong, the car drove exceptional when I got it and over this past weekend. But I drove it into work this morning and during my lunch, and it seems like the car has adjusted to my driving style. Also, seems to be even quicker on the initial launch!!

Has anyone experienced this? Or is it just me loving this vehicle more and more?

Old 11-14-2006, 07:22 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Has anyone noticed?

ORIGINAL: dcny7777

It seems to me that my A3 is driving even better then it did when I picked it up and several days after.

I have about 400 miles on it, been about a full week since I had it.

Dont get me wrong, the car drove exceptional when I got it and over this past weekend. But I drove it into work this morning and during my lunch, and it seems like the car has adjusted to my driving style. Also, seems to be even quicker on the initial launch!!

Has anyone experienced this? Or is it just me loving this vehicle more and more?

I think that is normal engine break in, better performance, better milage, and the fact that you are enjoying your A3! :-)

Old 11-14-2006, 07:26 PM
1st Gear

I believe the ECU will fine tune various engine parameters as the car is run in for the first time, this is to account for tolerancing in manufacturing and assembly, but also to certain localised conditions.

400 miles is generally the distance to bed in tyres, brakes, clutch etc. I'm not sure how the launch control works, if thats what you are taking about, but I'd imagine it would also run some sort of feedback loop to initially get clutch bite correct.

So it is probably not your imagination.

Old 11-14-2006, 10:50 PM
2nd Gear

I think cupid got em right in the **** and my boy is in love, congrats she'll be good to you just mod her a little her and there and she'll love you long time.

Old 11-15-2006, 01:38 AM
1st Gear

Yea, mine is driving better each day also. Probably has more to do with the drivers attitude than the car, but every time I get in it I think this is one of the best cars I've ever bought (it's number 19) and thank the day I made the decision to get it.

Old 11-15-2006, 05:58 AM
1st Gear

Actually, I was thinking today that mine was feeling a little sluggish. Seems like it shifts late and takes a while for turbo to kick in. But I've really been babying it, and then I put in a 1200 mile weekend with a lot of highway and a few stop and go miles. I'll see how the week goes.

I thought you were going to say...
Has anyone noticed that eBay motors FINALLY has a category for A3's? I check from time to time...(like I need another one?) just for fun and they have always had the other Audis but not the A3. But today they had it!

Old 11-15-2006, 01:35 PM
1st Gear

I kinda know what you mean about the "TURBO" taking awhile to kick in.

When does the "TURBO actually kick in anyway?

Do you have to be going about 80mph?

I havent driven my A3 on manual yet, just been sticking with it on Auto.

At 60 mph, when just cruising, the car drives smooth and seems like its more of a luxury drive then a sports car. I really dont think its that fast at 60mph. Not until you push that gas and the RPM's get up there, thats when I feel the car take off.

But again, when does the turbo kick in?

Old 11-15-2006, 02:30 PM
1st Gear

I haven't used the manual shifting much either, other than to just check out it works.

I think it's time to try the sport shift mode. To be fair, I have been going for gas mileage rather than performance. Since that's one of the reasons I justified the car with the wife. But on this last road trip I can tell she really loved it!

It does drive like a luxury car on the highway. But still sporty on the curves. Those bi-xenons are awesome at night on curvy roads. This is one cool car indeed.

Old 11-15-2006, 02:56 PM
1st Gear

Sporty on the curves, yeaaaaaa!
It hugs those sharp turns and curves dynamically!

As for switching it to "SPORT" shift mode, I think I still have to read the manual.
I might sound funny, but I really dont know what to do when its in "S" mode.

I have been doing mostly highway driving also, and watching the gas as well.
But everytime I am babying the car, going slow on the right lane of the highway, there's somebody up my rear. I get testy when this happens and thats when I start saying to myself, "this person riding my tail has no clue what this car has got" And that's when I increase speed and start messing with that person riding my a$$. It is FUN!

Had my girlfriend in the car last weekend, we went out to dinner to celebrate the new A3.
She loves it so much and is now thinking about getting an A3 in about 1 year. She wants it in red.
Actually she wants to wait for the A3 cabrio coming here in 08'.
Brought the car over to one of girlfriends house after dinner and she was also in love with the car.
Good to know that the WOMEN love it and these women have good taste and style!!!

Drove my Mom actually in it this morning, dropped her off at work before I was heading to work, and she was loving the car also. Said the interior was so sleek and European, and felt solid.
She has a Maxima and a Maxima before that, and notices the difference now a days with the Japanese vehicles becoming more American looking and feeling.

As for my brothers opinion, he thinks its the best looking car he has seen lately. He purchased a Jetta 2 yrs ago and he said the A3 is the car he would go for now. When he drove my car, he couldnt stop driving it. Said this car is crying "Italian babes comes to me" haha. He's 25, what do you expect?

Old 11-15-2006, 03:08 PM
1st Gear

In sport mode, you don't need to do anything. Shifting there just means sportier automatic shifting and changes to 5-speed.

Quick Reply: Has anyone noticed?