Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Hey, guess what...

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 10:34 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Hey, guess what...

Way to be Chef...thanks for gettin this forum goin!

The only update or"mod" I've done recently is Coat the underside of My A3 with a Deer carcas, fur and guts. Belive it or not, on the way home on the open road, soeme guy infront of me (hyundia suv with the front grille) smoked a deer going about 120km, i was in the lane tpo his left about 200 meteres behindhim and doing about 140km, so my decision was split second.

As the Deer went limp and landed in my lane, my only thought was..."no antlers, i can run it" reason being I havent yet been in a situation with my A3 where i had to slam the wheel hard doing 140km, so again, saw the deer was a doe with no antlers and ran right over her....with a loud bang and pretty good bump, but i just keep going.Woke up my wife in the passenger seat and continued to my destination about 10 mins away. The Hyundia was fine belivre it or not, only lost its front left fog light and some of the fender, but he kept gong too....

So long story short...my underbody was covered when i got home at 2 am....took it to the spray wash and cleaned about half a deer from the undercarriage.....aking into the dealer this weekend to see if anything was damaged but honestly...it feels Great...(just a tad of venison smell)

Sorry no Pics to go with the story....!

Old 06-26-2007, 11:32 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: ryandlor

Way to be Chef...thanks for gettin this forum goin!

The only update or"mod" I've done recently is Coat the underside of My A3 with a Deer carcas, fur and guts. Belive it or not, on the way home on the open road, soeme guy infront of me (hyundia suv with the front grille) smoked a deer going about 120km, i was in the lane tpo his left about 200 meteres behindhim and doing about 140km, so my decision was split second.

As the Deer went limp and landed in my lane, my only thought was..."no antlers, i can run it" reason being I havent yet been in a situation with my A3 where i had to slam the wheel hard doing 140km, so again, saw the deer was a doe with no antlers and ran right over her....with a loud bang and pretty good bump, but i just keep going.Woke up my wife in the passenger seat and continued to my destination about 10 mins away. The Hyundia was fine belivre it or not, only lost its front left fog light and some of the fender, but he kept gong too....

So long story short...my underbody was covered when i got home at 2 am....took it to the spray wash and cleaned about half a deer from the undercarriage.....aking into the dealer this weekend to see if anything was damaged but honestly...it feels Great...(just a tad of venison smell)

Sorry no Pics to go with the story....!
I did the same thing in my TT with a deer that had been very recently smoked on the road in the dark. I couldn't see if it had antlers or a pecker for that matter. That was very close to when my 2007 A3 was coming in and I was getting rid of the TT. Bad luck there!

I wound up with $4800 worth of damage and fur and blood all over my TT. I was able to keep driving though but I was airborn for a bit. The auto body place cleaned it real good, but when my step-son's dog came over she ran right up to the wheels and started sniffing in the garage.

Old 06-26-2007, 12:29 PM
1st Gear

So the smell stays?

Old 06-26-2007, 01:18 PM
1st Gear

Yes but I don't know for how long, but I traded the TT right in after it was fixed.

Old 06-26-2007, 02:46 PM
1st Gear

Still waiting on my APR exhaust and Koni C/Os , been more weeks than I care to count. I'm almost at the point where I just don't give a **** anymore. Of course, that is just talk and I'm dying for the day it is all installed, I just hate this stupid waiting game.

Old 06-26-2007, 03:13 PM
1st Gear

Since I have yet to post a pic on this forum, Ill bring my cam to the dealer this weekend, and try to get some shots, as well as the under body to see if theres any deer meat left.

I'll ship the meat all over the US and Canada, maybe $5 a pound. Go to Ebay on the weekend and look for an auction for *Grade A Canadian Deer Meat, Freshly Skinned*

Old 06-26-2007, 03:16 PM
1st Gear

Chef - Just had a Neuspeed RSB installed today. Haven't hit the canyon yet, so I cannot comment on the difference. I was going to have them set my steering boost via VAG-COM to a stiffer setting, but apparently the last time my '06 was at the dealer they disabled that function a la '07. If anyone can confirm that the latest factory re-flash disables this (even for the '06), I would like to know.

Old 06-26-2007, 06:53 PM

ORIGINAL: lavadrifter

Chef - Just had a Neuspeed RSB installed today. Haven't hit the canyon yet, so I cannot comment on the difference. I was going to have them set my steering boost via VAG-COM to a stiffer setting, but apparently the last time my '06 was at the dealer they disabled that function a la '07. If anyone can confirm that the latest factory re-flash disables this (even for the '06), I would like to know.
Congrats on the RSB!

WTF about the I3 reflash and the steering boost??? That's the first I've heard about it and another reason I'm glad the I still have the original, sorta. LOL

Quadric, welcome from San Antonio!!! We've been having a good time in your area, and I actually saw an A3 yesterday. Not many around here at all. Sorry that your Koni's are taking so long. All I can tell you is that it will be worth the wait when you finally get them. AND, if it takes past next June, then I'll give you a ride in my car so you can feel what it's like!

I might be interested in some Venison too guys. Just drop me a line.

Cheers!

Old 06-27-2007, 09:11 AM
1st Gear

Hey Chef, How long you been with the REVO Chip?

Old 06-27-2007, 10:34 AM

ORIGINAL: ryandlor

Hey Chef, How long you been with the REVO Chip?
I flashed REVO at 4k miles about a year ago. I now have over 25k miles on the clock. It has been very reliable the entire time, no codes thrown, and I haven't had any other problems, well, other than the perma-grin on my face.

Cheers!

Quick Reply: Hey, guess what...