Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Hey, guess what...

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 07:18 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Hey, guess what...

Hi Chef - you are seriously moving to Texas? [:'(](<= j/k to all Texans - to everybody else, it stands)

At least you are starting to think correctly and you are half way there... If you drive another 20 hours (depending on where in Texas you are going to be) you will end up in my neck of the woods! Well, my neck of the beach, not many woods around here.... Maybe a couple alligators and a little swamp thing but not much more than that but more importantly you would have Mickey again!

Still with the same company? Still a Chef? How much of a Chef you have to be to BBQ and cook meat all the time?

Is driving with your shotgun still legal in Texas? I am wandering how a gun rack would look on an A3…Is that your next mod?

Cheers.

Old 07-01-2007, 10:15 AM
Default RE: Hey, guess what...

LOL

I don't think I could stand driving my car around your area with all of the grandma and grandpa drivers around. Besides, Mickey is WAY over done and I'm tired of that scene. I went to Schlitterbahn yesterday, and that park is the ****! The largest waterpark in the country and it was awesome. Also, it will be about 10-15 minutes away from my new house.

As far as BBQ goes, you haven't had good BBQ Brisket until you've been to Texas. I ate nearly a pound upon my entry to San Antonio. The ribs and pork are good too, but I'd argue that Memphis can compete well in those areas.

I'm hoping to keep my job within my same company, so we'll see if I'll be able to afford to keep my wife living in the lap of luxury. It really doesn't matter much since my profession is very well sought after all over this town.

NOW, I like your idea of the shotgun mod. I think that I might need to get the version that attaches to the front seat headrests?

Oh, let me tell you about how great Texans are compared to Angelinos. We were stopped at a light to turn left onto I-35, when the car in front of us stops short. A red Bronco pops across all of the traffic, medians, etc. and we see that the driver is passed out. His truck ends up under the bridge and comes to a halt, stuck in mud. I immediately whip the car up on the median and run over to the truck while my wife calls 911. The guy in front of me reaches the vehicle at the same time and we get it into park, and he holds the gentleman back as we access vitals. The guy was convulsing and foaming at the mouth, but breathing & had a pulse. There were at least 6 people who stopped to help immediately, and it took about 5 minutes for the EMT's to arrive. Everyone was stepping into 6+ inches of mud and doing whatever it took to help this guy. People in LA would have just honked at the guy for running through the intersection, and they might have flipped him off. LOL
The guy ended up kind of coming too when they were getting ready to pull him from the vehicle, but started convulsing badly when he was back on the stretcher. Very sad.

There was our excitement in Texas.

Now time to head back in the homeward direction.

Cheers!