Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Hey, guess what...

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 11:30 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Hey, guess what...

good to hear...a couple of people are comparing GIAC/REVO/APR on another forum, but I've always thought that since REVO was one of the first its proably the best bet...

Also good to hear you havent had any hiccups with it either...

Put REVO on my list of things to do...soon....(Im a married guy and just bought a new house, so yes, my mods, no matter how small or inexpensive must go through the wife. Thats whyIm still sotck for over a year now!money....money....money...)

Old 06-28-2007, 10:08 AM
1st Gear

Hi Chef

I believe I will wait for the 5k miles myself to do anything which I will do at 3K soI can finally install those sport suspension and flash the car...

ORIGINAL: ryandlor
Put REVO on my list of things to do...soon....(Im a married guy and just bought a new house, so yes, my mods, no matter how small or inexpensive must go through the wife. Thats whyIm still sotck for over a year now!money....money....money...)
I know exactly how you feel! I am closing on our first house on the 12th of next month and never used to say anything butI know feel compelled to ask... But there are some things when a man needs to be his foot down and act like a man and sleep on the couch if need be!

Cheers!

Old 06-28-2007, 10:25 AM
1st Gear

[/quote] I know exactly how you feel! I am closing on our first house on the 12th of next month and never used to say anything butI know feel compelled to ask... But there are some things when a man needs to be his foot down and act like a man and sleep on the couch if need be!

Cheers!
[/quote]

Thanks for the sympathies, at least i Know someone else in here has the same situation! It is hard to convince a woman that you would like to spend $1500 on better looking wheels, 800$ on a chip to make the car go vroom, its tough! So have you spent nights on the couch as well?

Old 06-28-2007, 10:42 AM

Take it from a "husband" who has bought and sold many houses and cars with my wife. It is often much much easier to get forgiveness, than permission. I've only ever been in the dog house for two weeks at any point in time. The purchase of the current Audi left me wallowing in my wife's scorn, but she accepted it, got over it {mostly}, and now enjoys driving it - very much! She doesn't even ask about my mods anymore. I think she doesn't even want to know. We have a great relationship - Don't ask, Don't tell. j/k

Cheers!

Old 06-28-2007, 05:51 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Chef

We have a great relationship - Don't ask, Don't tell. j/k

Cheers!
[sm=happybounce.gif]

I'll have to take that into my marriage, come end of year [8D]

Old 06-28-2007, 10:34 PM

Hope that helps quadric. How about that rain? ******* sucks!

Anyway, I'm now into the house building mode too. I think that the wife finally found her dream home, and now she is just working on her dream area. The main benefit of Texas is that I get to give her "the home of her dreams" for the mid $200k's, and her retirement will pay for it all. Score for me! The bad thing is that I drove through 3 speed traps going across San Antonio tonight on the way to the hotel.[:'(] The speed limit is only 60 through town too. No more 100+ jaunts like in Cali.[] Oh well.

Cheers!

Old 06-29-2007, 01:19 AM
1st Gear

Don't ask, Don't tell.
hahaha - It worked for me until she saw some sport suspension in my office - I am wandering where they came from... It is all your fault Chef!... She told me, "you do whatever you want to do but you will repent in the end but you go ahead and do whatever you want",..... Had I known a few years backI would have signed a contract with my wife to say that car is off limit! How can I have a choice after what she said?????I am fvcked guys!

ryandlor - I never had to sleep on the couch or the guest bedroom but I wish I could... It is worse to be in the same bed and feel like I am going to wake up like Bobbit...

Cheers guys!

PS: I am looking forward to get a house, I need a garage for the little A3, the sun on her all day and the bird poo are hell. My little girl is getting a roof! Oh yes, my wife gets her nest tooI guess, everybody wins!

*** added ***

I did not see the second page...

The main benefit of Texas is that I get to give her "the home of her dreams" for the mid $200k's
Damn,I am moving to Texas! Florida is supposed to be cheap but for double that money I could only get an OK house... And I am not even on the Beach or close to it! Which is not a bad thing or my insurance would be through the roof!

Still, you still have to deal with the Texans ... I'll take the snow birds instead, eh...

Old 06-29-2007, 09:47 AM
1st Gear

Hope that helps quadric. How about that rain? ******* sucks!

Anyway, I'm now into the house building mode too. I think that the wife finally found her dream home, and now she is just working on her dream area. The main benefit of Texas is that I get to give her "the home of her dreams" for the mid $200k's, and her retirement will pay for it all. Score for me! The bad thing is that I drove through 3 speed traps going across San Antonio tonight on the way to the hotel.[:'(] The speed limit is only 60 through town too. No more 100+ jaunts like in Cali.[] Oh well.

Cheers!

Holy smokes a dream house for $200k? I just moved out of my 900 sq foot condo and sold it for $250k in Toronto cause it was too small! My new house (attached town house only 2200sq ft) cost me $350k to build! And Im still outside of the city! No wonder you have so much cash to MOD!!!At least i have a grage now though...

You too Olivier, house is much better, that way you can hide on the Wife on multiple levels! The snow birds cant be that bad eh? they're all over 70 years old !

Old 06-29-2007, 09:54 AM

Welcome to why we are moving to Texas. Luckily her dream home isn't all that big, only 3000 sqft. BUT, I get the huge, awesome kitchen and a 3 car garage. So it's not bad for me either.

Off we go to continue to look for "better" homes.

Cheers!

Old 06-29-2007, 10:23 AM

Funny, my wife spent some time on the internet researchingSan Antonio realestate, she was offering the 2 car garage as a carrot. She might have got me with the three car. I think she has given up, at least for now.

Quick Reply: Hey, guess what...