Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

How good is Audi's Bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 04:58 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: How good is Audi's Bluetooth?

My firm is standardized on Treo 700W devices. I'll let you know how that works with my A3 3.2 S Line shortly. I didn't select navigation, so I anticipate calls will originate from my handset memory and I'll just have the hands-free benefits plus taking the call via the larger speakers.

Old 04-06-2007, 02:13 PM
1st Gear

I'm also sans nav, so definitely keep me posted, thanks! I've narrowed it down to the LG VX8600 or wait another week for the 8700. I never dial on the road unless in an emergency, so all i really need is the hands-free capability to receive.

Old 04-06-2007, 03:50 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Blue Jays

My firm is standardized on Treo 700W devices. I'll let you know how that works with my A3 3.2 S Line shortly. I didn't select navigation, so I anticipate calls will originate from my handset memory and I'll just have the hands-free benefits plus taking the call via the larger speakers.
from the research i've done on treo's they do NOT support the phonebook profiles over bluetooth...or else i would have bought one myself. I'm not 100% sure on this thugh and i was actually looking at the Cingular Treo 750, not the 700W.

Old 04-08-2007, 05:22 AM

Picked up a Treo 680 (Cingular) last week and have completed the full pairing of this phone and related functions, like auto-mute for the stereo. Without nav, I get my "Favorites" and sim card phone directories on the driver information display and it also displays the name and number of incoming callers. I can make calls either by scrolling and chosing from the list, or by voice commands.Verbal command "PLAY PHONEBOOK" will read off stored contacts and dial upon a single button press. Sim and Favorites entries are updated each time you drive for more than a few minutes.
I understand that NO Treo model will download the main phone directory.

My wife just upgraded to anew 700p today (Verizon) today, and while it is not published asa compatible PDA, someusers on the Treo newsgroupsclaim that a portion of thier directorieshave transferred.
Then of course, you can always follow the manual instructions and manually load contacts, or have them call anddo a verbal "STORE NAME" after the call.

So far, the configurations have been easier than expected, and I am very happy with the results! Good luck!

'07 A3, Premium, Tech, Open-Sky

Old 04-11-2007, 03:53 PM
1st Gear

"My wife just upgraded to anew 700p today (Verizon) today, and while it is not published asa compatible PDA.."

I have the 700P (Sprint) and the bluetooth is kinda annoying... when someone calls you, the screen shows up the person you last talked to instead of the current person...the directory does transfer all of its data...the rest of the functions works great..I just have to keep looking at my phone instead of the screen when someone calls... this is not audi's fault though, the 700p is known to have lots of bluetooth pairing problems.

Old 07-23-2008, 04:39 AM
1st Gear

I'm going to give the Samsung Blackjack II a whirl with the car and see how it goes. If it fails...it will go back to AT&T Wireless pronto.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:46 AM
1st Gear

I have a Blackberry Curve 8320 and it pairs real well with Bluetooth. I'm really glad I ended upwith this option because it makes it so much easier to make and receive calls when driving.

I still have one complaint though. Even after adjusting the ringer volume, the ringer tone is still waaaaay too loud, especially when I have music playing already. Can anyone please advise how to turn down the ringer volume??

Old 08-07-2008, 08:54 AM
1st Gear

At&t iphone 3g is great compared to my previous Verizon PN820. With the Iphone I get full features including sync of all my contacts, signal strength, call history and info displayed both on nav and between the speedo and tach.