Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

how much do you pay at dealer for oil change?

Old 10-30-2007, 05:43 PM
1st Gear
Default how much do you pay at dealer for oil change?

Ok, so I didnt purchase the maintenance package or anything like that. So, just my first oil change at 5000miles was free.

Since then, I have taken my A3 in for an oil change at 10,000miles and was charged $105.
Which I thought was pricey but from what I understood, that seemed to be the right price.

So now, at 15,000miles I took my A3 to a more local Audi service dealer in my area and was only charged $47. A standard oil change with labor included! When I went to pay and read my bill statement I didnt say anything, I just paid the $47 and was on my merry way!

This $47 for the oil change struck me as weird. My actual Audi dealer I purchased my A3 at charged $105 for a standard oil change, and I also called other Audi service center dealers and they charge $115 to $125.

It says on my bill statement under "flat fee" $124 but at the bottom of the bill "amount to be paid" read $47.

Anyone pay $47 at any Audi service dealers for an oil change?

Old 10-30-2007, 05:58 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: how much do you pay at dealer for oil change?

Sounds like they either charged you for the parts or the labor, but not both. I would say you probably got lucky on this one

I have an 06, so I don't pay for oil changes....yet

Old 10-30-2007, 06:28 PM

Sounds like you got away for a steal if they did it properly.

Personally, I'd just do the oil change myself. That costs me around $40 in parts,and I'm sure that it is done properly.

Cheers!

Old 10-30-2007, 07:02 PM
1st Gear

AManCalledE I have an '06 as well and had to pay for the 10K oil change and I beleive there is only one more that I have to pay for. Your dealer eating those two so that you just keep going back to them?
My dealer oil change was only $70.78 this is also in Montana because after I called the dealer I bougth the car from and asked what it would be for the oil change and they said $125 and that is in Vegas.
No for the $47 that's a great deal. Maybe thats what they charge and they just add there cost on to each quart and filter.

Old 10-30-2007, 10:45 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: dcny7777

Ok, so I didnt purchase the maintenance package or anything like that. So, just my first oil change at 5000miles was free.

Since then, I have taken my A3 in for an oil change at 10,000miles and was charged $105.
Which I thought was pricey but from what I understood, that seemed to be the right price.

So now, at 15,000miles I took my A3 to a more local Audi service dealer in my area and was only charged $47. A standard oil change with labor included! When I went to pay and read my bill statement I didnt say anything, I just paid the $47 and was on my merry way!

This $47 for the oil change struck me as weird. My actual Audi dealer I purchased my A3 at charged $105 for a standard oil change, and I also called other Audi service center dealers and they charge $115 to $125.

It says on my bill statement under "flat fee" $124 but at the bottom of the bill "amount to be paid" read $47.

Anyone pay $47 at any Audi service dealers for an oil change?

Anyone paying over $50 for an oil change needs to have their head checked. That's a rip off unless you get acomplimentary lap dance while waiting.

Old 10-30-2007, 11:11 PM

That's not true.

Oil for our cars retail is $5 per quart, requiring 5 quarts for a change which is $25.

The filter is about $15, depending on your source.

That is $40 without any labor at all.

Unless your shop labor is $20 an hour, it doesn't seem unrealistic to spend more than $50 for this service on our cars. Most shops don't make much/any money on oil changes, the price just covers shop labor and parts. They want you to come for the major services and repairs which are definitely over-priced.

Cheers!

Old 10-31-2007, 03:29 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Chef

Personally, I'd just do the oil change myself. That costs me around $40 in parts,and I'm sure that it is done properly.
The peace of mind is well worth it alone. I just changed mine at 10k, the dealer did it at 5k. Well when I got under there to change it this time I saw that the filter canister was seeping oil at the top, and the molded nut on the bottom was all chewed up! I'm guessing they used pliers on it and therefore didn't bother torquing it correctly. I'm a little upset, this is an Audi dealer, not freaking Hyundai! I expect a little more from them!

I'll second Chef, it costs me about $40 to do it myself as well. One thing though, get the filter from the dealer, or order a pack of them from ECS. DO NOT use the Fram/STP/whatever they sell at the auto parts store - they are crap! Tried two different ones and the O-ring doesn't seat properly. Funny thing is the OEM filter from Audi was about two bucks cheaper than the ones at Autozone!