Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

I need your help - Aftermarket suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 08:49 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: I need your help - Aftermarket suspension?

ORIGINAL: RasLion

ORIGINAL: JohnS1

Buy a A3 3.2 V6 and you get s-line with power seats plus Quattro.

Indeed.. But you are also going to pay 5k more, pay more in taxes, pay more in gas, and probably pay more in insurance...
True but you wanted power seats with sports suspension and said Audi doesn't sell them together. They do.
You can get the 2.0T premium package and then modify the suspension to your liking. (springs/coilovers/dampers/ sway bar)
Cheers

Old 04-18-2007, 09:21 PM
1st Gear

Buy a A3 3.2 V6 and you get s-line with power seats plus Quattro.

Indeed.. But you are also going to pay 5k more, pay more in taxes, pay more in gas, and probably pay more in insurance...
True but you wanted power seats with sports suspension and said Audi doesn't sell them together. They do.
You can get the 2.0T premium package and then modify the suspension to your liking. (springs/coilovers/dampers/ sway bar)
Cheers
Correction: It doesnt come with both on the 2.0

Old 04-18-2007, 09:37 PM
1st Gear

I never wrote that the 2.0T did. Reread what I posted earlier wiseguy.

Old 04-18-2007, 10:23 PM
1st Gear

I never wrote that the 2.0T did. Reread what I posted earlier wiseguy.
Wiseguy huh? Your post was taken as being a "wiseguy". But since it wasnt thanks for re-hashing what we've been talking about this whole time and adding nothing productive to the conversation.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:38 AM

Okay, I'll start the bidding for my truly factory Sports Suspension......do I hear $800???

Papa's looking for a set of Tien Coilovers!

Cheers!

Old 04-19-2007, 06:16 AM
1st Gear

I am by no means a car expert... so why would changing the springss affect the shocks down the road? Koni FSD set + springs run abuot $800... kind of a quick hike in price from the $250 spring set
Well, you get what you paid for. If you are not going to change the damper, eventually they will fail and you will need to change them anyways. The amount of time it takes for them to be replaced depends on your driving style and how much stress you put on the shocks.

Issues with rubbing as someone mentioned is also common. The HnR springs are pretty conservative though. About 1inch drop from stock sports.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:40 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: eltonsi
Well, you get what you paid for. If you are not going to change the damper, eventually they will fail and you will need to change them anyways. The amount of time it takes for them to be replaced depends on your driving style and how much stress you put on the shocks.
Issues with rubbing as someone mentioned is also common. The HnR springs are pretty conservative though. About 1inch drop from stock sports.
H&R springs drop 1.3 front and rear, the EIBACH PRO KIT drops 1.2 front and rear both about $300. Throw in four Konin FSD dampers for $500. Then the best sway bar IMHO is Neuspeed 25 mm for $500.
I don't know specially is anyone has used Tien Coilovers on a A3's, but seen them on A4's....Nice. V-Maxx Suspension has coilover kit for about half that cost at $650 for A3.