Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

IMPORTANT QUESTION ABOUT DSG

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 04:13 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: IMPORTANT QUESTION ABOUT DSG

John, looks like I misinterpreted your post, sorry. I just didn't want to start a DSG vs Manual war that has gone nuclear on other forums (especially in the GTI MKV forums).

eltonsi,
Your spot on about upgrading the clutch. That was going to be my last and final "mod" on the A3 once it comes out. Supposedly, based on the 3.2 DSG clutch upgrade prices, its going to be pricey.

audiismypassion,
I think you'll be happier in an s2000. but thats just my bias. Anyways, good luck with your A3 and dont worry about other's being jealous and such. You have questions and we have answers. Besides, we all wished we had a certain car when we were 16. Now that I think about it, my dream car at the time was the PT cruiser....[:'(] but hey, it sold for over $30k back then!

Old 04-17-2007, 05:10 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: A3Night

John, looks like I misinterpreted your post, sorry. I just didn't want to start a DSG vs Manual war that has gone nuclear on other forums (especially in the GTI MKV forums).

eltonsi,
Your spot on about upgrading the clutch. That was going to be my last and final "mod" on the A3 once it comes out. Supposedly, based on the 3.2 DSG clutch upgrade prices, its going to be pricey.

audiismypassion,
I think you'll be happier in an s2000. but thats just my bias. Anyways, good luck with your A3 and dont worry about other's being jealous and such. You have questions and we have answers. Besides, we all wished we had a certain car when we were 16. Now that I think about it, my dream car at the time was the PT cruiser....[:'(] but hey, it sold for over $30k back then!

haha yea i was thinking about the s2000 and thanks for all the help i appreciate it =]

Old 04-17-2007, 05:55 AM
1st Gear

I plan on my DSG lasting a couple hundred thousand miles.

Seriously, I don't see why you should be 'afraid' to get the DSG. It wouldseem to me that the DSG would ALWAYS be the most forgiving way to shift a car. Never misses a gear, never drop the clutch too soon or too late. A transmission never had it so good. So good that I think more future transmissions will go this way.

Of course this is all personal speculation based on no facts.But I feel good about DSG and so should you.

Old 04-17-2007, 08:53 PM
1st Gear

even after my dsg woes, ive fallen in love with the box and wont ride in anything else best box in the world