Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

intake screws

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Default intake screws

I just found out that the two screws that attach my carbonio intake onto the grill fell off. I am looking for a replacement and all i know is that they are T20 Torx screws. I went to home depot and i brought some Stainless Steel screws. Do you guys think i could use those? or would stainless steel not work well?

Old 05-10-2008, 08:34 PM
Default RE: intake screws

Sorry, I dont have the answer for you, but i was wondering how you liked your Carbonio intake prior to this? Hows it sound, any noticeable performance gains, mpg gains?

Old 05-10-2008, 11:16 PM
Default RE: intake screws

hey jayrm

I have experience with both the evoms and the carbonio and i ended up with the carbonio not because it peforms better but its keeping all the sounds in check. If your going for peformance and you dont really care how loud the intake is then go for the evoms. its a really awesome intake if you want gd gains. But it was just driving me crazy at low rpms with all the air sucking sounds. At high rpms this thing sounds awesome. The carbonio keeps all sounds in check. Your car pretty much sounds stock except the turbo is louder and occasionally you get the blow off sound when you punch the throttle a bit. I like it coz its not too catchy and i can have a quiet ride whenever i want to. You dont really get any peformance gains with the carbonio or atleast none that you can actually feel. maybe 5-10 hp but the evoms that claims 15-20hp is definitely legit. overall i like the carbonio. its just more elegant (looks wise, sound wise and peformance wise) we do have audi's which in my opinion still needs to be considered a luxury.if ur looking for significant gains you wouldnt really look into an intake for that anyways. mpg im not sure of yet coz if been driving the car pretty hard these days just to try out the new intake but i'll definitely let the forum know.