Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

intermittent loss of dash power?

Old 12-13-2007, 09:13 AM
Default intermittent loss of dash power?

Hello, got a 2001 A3 1.8 had it for 2 months now, for the last week i'm having problems with sluggish starting and complete loss of power to the dash (speedo. rev, fuel gaude, clock etc) A week ago i inadvertently drained the battery overnight by leaving the interior light on 'constant'..DOH! so jump started in the morning..fine, but no dash power, drove 50 miles, dash came on, allright for 2 days..then dodgy sluggish starting accompanied by no dash power, 20 mile journey..stopped and wouldnt then start again..no turn over. Went home and fully charged battery with an automatic charger for 24 hours. basically whats gone on since is a completely irregular pattern to whether the dash power will stay on or not. It comes alive aftewr 20 miles..sometimes 50 miles, stays on overnight unless it decides to be sluggish on starting then dash cuts out and doesnt come back on ..untill maybe another long journey. Been in to audi..they were putting an air mass filter in as i had an engine management light on, they said they couldnt find any other problem (i dont think they even looked to be honest)

Once the car starts, it drives fine, all electrics work. if dash is not alive then all electrics still work..windows, air con control, radio, lights etc.

I'm booked back into audi for a 3-4 day period in january to see of they can sort it.

Any suggestions would be great.

Cheers
Scott.