Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

LED lights problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 06:04 AM
1st Gear
Default LED lights problem

Morning, first post on the forum and wondering if any knowledgable posters can help . . . . .

I have had front and rear LEDS put on my Audi a3 2007 sportback. I had the front lights put on 1st a couple weeks ago which was a cash in hand job and the rear LEDS were genuine Audi lights which have a warranty installed yesterday.

The front right LED sidelight loses power after afew minutes and turns off. It comes back on when I switch off and on but it dies out again soon after.

Question ; Has anyone ever heard of this problem before? Is their a quick fix and is it the kind of thing any local garage can repair?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by MAB21; 11-12-2010 at 04:20 AM.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:46 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by MAB21
Morning, first post on the forum and wondering if any knowledgable posters can help . . . . .

I have had front and rear LEDS put on my Audi a3 2007 sportback. I had the front lights put on 1st a couple weeks ago which was a cash in hand job and the rear LEDS were genuine Audi lights which have a warranty installed yesterday.

The front right LED sidelight loses power after afew minutes and turns off. It comes back on when I switch off and on but it dies out again soon after.

Question ; Has anyone ever heard of this problem before? Is their a quick fix and is it the kind of thing any local garage can repair?

Thanks in advance
right i've got an audi a4 2007 i've put some LED side lights on when i have the engine on it both works fine but when i turn off the engine the light on the driver side goes off but before goes off it flashes twice and dies but it will come on again when i turn the engine on some say theres a fault on audi and bmws that they don't like the LED lights. so try it with the engine on it might do the same?

Old 11-10-2013, 02:23 PM
1st Gear

Hi guys, i'm new here, I actually supply a lot of LED and SMD upgrades, can I just ask are you talking about a whole headlight/tail light units or just the LED bulbs?

To me it sounds like a Canbus compatibility problem, basically some LED's are not compatible with Canbus controlled systems, the actual Canbus bulbs have a chip on them with cancels the error out... Or you can get a small relay box that connect in between the bulb holder and bulb.

I might be talking about something else but that is what it sounds likew to me when the lights flash and flicker.

Cheers