Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

My A3...

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 04:49 PM
1st Gear
Default My A3...

Hey guys,

Totally forgot I'd joined this forum prior to the arrival of my A3 Sorry for the general tardiness.

Anyhoo, I've had the car about 8 months now and I've been really good. No mods to speak of, a healthy bank balance and a happy wife. The last week or so I've had serious itchy feet and err... went a bit daft.

I ordered a Bluefin from Superchips ( www.mybluefin.co.uk)and I'm hoping the new map will be on by the end of tomorrow, this weekend I've fitted the ambient LED/map light kit (a doddle even for me), Thursday should see the arrival of my leather armrest/cubby but more importantly the black grille, surround and plinth. The armrest and grille stuff are from www.audi-accessories.co.uk Not sure if he delivers to the US but Neil is a top bloke and I'm sure if you enquired he'd see what he can do.

You'll have to wait until next weekend for pics. Rolling road day on Saturday too In the meantime here is my car as it is now. The mirrors have gone though. Since the S3 came out it just didn't seem right...

[IMG]local://upfiles/17105/B0BA94093C684F4AB0EFAE74F36C4443.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-29-2007, 06:06 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: My A3...

Richard and his one man thread here...

I knew this was going a little too smoothly. The Bluefin unit is faulty (reads the ECU and stores the existingcode but doesn't connect to my PC) so they're sending another one out by return. My parts guy informs me he has no trouble getting the black grille and surround but the number plate plinth/mount is on back order from Germany. Bah! Should have it Saturday though. Luckily he's going to the same meet as me so he says he'll bring it.

I'll keep you posted Colonial types. I know you're fascinated.

Old 01-29-2007, 07:09 PM
1st Gear

Sharp looking car. Hope you get the tuning problems sorted out.

Old 01-29-2007, 07:28 PM

ORIGINAL: rich1068
I'll keep you posted Colonial types. I know you're fascinated.
Yeah, where are your other two doors??? LOL

We are just jealous that you get the S3 and TDI options and we don't. It's okay though, at least we have your PM in our back pocket.[:-] j/k

Cheers!

Old 01-29-2007, 08:24 PM
1st Gear

lol!

I thought the 'Colonial' reference might get your attention.There's methinking 'PM...PM...PM...Nope... I haven't sent one...' Duh! Oh that PM! Yeah, Christ knows what he was thinking...

Not really a tuning problem as such, I didn't even get started! Oh, and the other two doors are on back order...

Old 01-29-2007, 09:41 PM

It's okay since my grandma was an English war bride, I had to listen to her growing up so I understand your poor use of the English language.

Oh well. Make the best of what you got! I don't have an S3, but at least it's sunny where I live and I can watch the sun setting into the ocean every night from my house. I'm not sure you even know what the sun looks like.[:-]

Cheers!

Old 01-30-2007, 07:16 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Chef

I'm not sure you even know what the sun looks like.[:-]
Now come on. We do have TV you know. But watching it in black and white I'm still not sure what all the fuss is about.

Old 01-30-2007, 08:30 AM
L7
1st Gear

Now Chef. Why do you have to bring up politics on such a nice forum. Especially when you could have mentioned your soon to be co-residents - Victoria and David. They will supposedly be moving to California. Maybe they'll bring one of their armored A8's or whatever they ride around in to the SoCal GTG....

Old 01-30-2007, 01:12 PM

Yeah, and we'll have David Beckham playing for the LA Galaxy too? So do you guys send over all of your used up people when your done with them or what? Maybe when I become an old Chef I can come to England and make huge amounts of money cooking food with flavor for you blokes? LOL

Cheers!

Old 01-30-2007, 04:15 PM
1st Gear

Food with flavour eh? Hmm. Tried it once. Didn't like it.