Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.
View Poll Results: A poll
0%
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Need suggestions!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 11:28 PM
1st Gear
Default Need suggestions!

Ok so, I got pulled over today for the stupidest reason ever and id fight it but it’s not worth it if I loose. I was driving down a 4 lane street (2 lanes for each direction) and im taking a left into another street. A douche bag guy in a truck is at least 200-300 ft away from me so I decided to make my turn. I started to turn and the guy sped up and swerved into the right lane to block me and sat there and give me the finger for about 5 seconds blocking my car. So after that traffic had caught up on the furthest lane so a nicer guy waited for me to complete my turn. Sooo a cop 2 cars behind me turns on those !$%#%@ lights and pulls me over. He said "I failed to yield for oncoming traffic" which I thought was a totally unfair / WAY borderline call. So im pretty pissed and on top of that he told me to roll up my windows (they were down way before he pulled me over im not sure if they can do that but I wouldn’t doubt it) and sees my tint. So im waiting for a 2 for 1 and when he gets back he wrote me up for 1. Failure to yield, 2. Tinted taillights and not my window tint for some odd reason. I guess 35% tint is the way to go on windows since ive been pulled over twice and they let me go for it.

So here’s my dilemma, The law for tinted taillights is they have to be visible from 300 ft away. I can post up pics but you can see the light through my taillights when I brake from WELL OVER 300ft away, its perfectly visible. So I can...

1. Fight it and possibly leave it on (unless im interpreting the law wrong) / get some lamin-x and re-smoke them and lower the car later.
2. Leave the tint off so its just the normal taillights, lower the car, and get a red line painted around my rims

Im leaning towards #2 just because I think it will look good and I got kinda sick of the taillights even though they were pretty sickk

Let me know what you think I should do

Old 07-04-2008, 12:32 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Need suggestions!

Weaksauce. What a dick cop. If you have the time, try and fight it, otherwise, ditch the tint. Your car is super stealth as it is. As for the red line, I'm not really a fan, but if you dig it by all means.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:12 AM
1st Gear

Still can't use the poll (internal server error). I would go with # 2.

I hope you have a better day today!!

Old 07-04-2008, 11:27 PM
1st Gear

FusionX...

Ouch...a ticket for that kind of thing is so counter-productive. Brutal.

I would go for option 2...same thing on the red line, not sure it's for me, but might look awesome!!

Old 07-06-2008, 06:05 PM
1st Gear

I would do 1 and 2. Fit the ticket. Do some research on exactly what the law says about tail lights and tint or what the view is. Set up and mark a distance of over the so called distance they require and stand back and have someone else in the car have the tail lights on and take a picture then brake and take a picture and do this in the day and night. Then fight that aspect of the ticket and just have the Cop look like an idiot in front of the judge. Now if your in a town with its own little PD I would say do not do this. Cops a vindective A$$ holes and love to swing that stupid power around. See if that would happen to me in any of the towns I lived in before now. I would Fight it. but here there are only 25 officers in my city. would deffinatly be counter productive.