Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Neuspeed

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 08:16 PM
1st Gear
Default Neuspeed

this may have already been discussed so I apologize if so, but I was wondering if anyone with the neuspeed chip can share some feedback with me. I think that is the chip i'm gonna go with but I just want to hear some real life opinions. Thanks!

Old 10-26-2007, 04:58 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Neuspeed

I bought my A3 (used) with the Neuspeed chip installed so I can't compare to stock, but I can tell you that I am 100% delighted with the power band on this car. It is smooth, with power applied evenly from 2500 to near redline...no surges. The torque with this chip (297 ft/lbs) is phenomenal. I love blasting up an uphill freeway entrance. The power in 1st gear can beproblematic....give it too much and the front wheels easily break loose, lighting up the traction control warning lights like a christmas tree. On the other hand, 5th gear is especially nice for freeway speeds, with a ot of torque and acceleration on tap...70 to 90 in a couple of blinks.
Go for the NSchip without hesitation.... but make sure your dealer has no plansto reflash your ECU before youinstall it.

Old 10-26-2007, 03:55 PM
1st Gear

Ditto - I've had the Neuspeed chip for almost a year and it's been great. No drama, no warning lights. I cannot compare it to other brands, but I think you'll be impressed by the performance. I agree with lectrolink that first gear with the added power is a bit sketchy - but I remember that being true even before the chip. It will take a short time to adjust to the powerband. Overall I would definitely reccommend it.

Old 10-26-2007, 05:06 PM
1st Gear

Does Neuspeed have a way to switch between diff programs (ie 91/93/100/"stock")?

Old 10-26-2007, 06:57 PM
1st Gear

You can not switch back and forth between programs with the nuespeed chip. That seems to be the only downfall to their software. Anyone think this is a valid reason NOT to go with this chip? Also, I def noticed my wheels chirping in first gear coming off the line. I can only imagine what itd be like after the chip!

Old 10-28-2007, 12:02 AM
1st Gear

While it is true that the Neuspeed chip is not switchable, this does have a benefit. The Neuspeed chip can be COMPLETELY erased leaving your car TRULY stock (no trace of ever being chipped). Despite what others may claim, if the chip is switchable, they have to write into a part of the memory that is not recoverable - and therefore can always be detected with the right software. This is probably not a factor for most ppl - it isn't for me - just some added info. One other thing about Neuspeed is that they have never issued an update for their chip. I take this to mean they have not needed to patch any problems. As previously stated, I have had no problems or warning lights. As you can see by my sig, I have a lot of Neuspeed gear. I work close to their main office and I've spent a lot of time talking to them. They're very knowledgeable (they've been doing aftermarket mods for a long time), and are good about taking care of their customers.

I'm curious when people would need to switch their chip "off." I can think of a couple of instances - servicing and valet. My dealership knows I have a chip and couldn't care less. They let me know before they reflash so I can make an appointment with Neuspeed to flash it back. As far as valets... I don't let them near my car.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Old 10-28-2007, 01:00 AM
SoCal Crew Member

All chips can be completely erased, by a factory reflash like the I3 update.

Old 10-28-2007, 10:43 AM

Very true. The ECU can be rewritten something like a million times. But I see your point about the Neuspeed chip. Personally, I don't think it's all that and a box of chocolates, but that's just me.

Cheers!