Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Neuspeed RSB In

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 04:30 AM
2nd Gear
Default Neuspeed RSB In

Just got the RSB delivered at 6pm, started the install at 8pm and finsihed at 9pm

Install was real easy but you will need a jack and to jack stands and a set of Internal Wrenches (luckily I still have the set from my Trip Computer Mod).

My initial impressions of the RSB are ok. I currently have it on the stiffy setting. Driving out of my garage I noticed the difference right away. Going over speed bumps the rear suspension doesn't hiss. Also, the road imperfections translate into the cabin and there is less body roll. However, the differences are not "night and day" as I hoped for. Roaming around the Jamboree there is a slight improvement in turns and the car seems to control weight shifts a lot better. I can probably get a better idea of the improvements when I head out to work tomorrow. Especially on the two right hand turns I know real well (Jamboree to north on Barranca and Red hill to west on Macarthur).

From my 30 minutes I spend with it I wish I had gone for the EVO MS intake. I had the RSB and the Intake in mind for this months MOD but went for RSB since a few other A3 owners from SoCal jumped on the RSB.

Old 08-10-2006, 07:03 AM
SoCal Crew Member
Default RE: Neuspeed RSB In

at least i got it installed before you did.......... by a few hours......... i got it installed at 10am this morning. it take right hand turns at 30 mph without hitting the lane dividers........ and the body-weight doesn't shift as much as before. i don't know about the improvements on the hissing noice yet, i only drove on smooth rds today.......... but i took the crazy-8 on-ramps and offramps at 50mph.......... i never got over 40 mph prior to the sway bar.

you installed it yourself? good for you........ i wouldn't come near that stuff because if i Fuque it up, i'd be dead.

now for a stiffer engine mount for me to keep the car stick to the ground......... i know i know......... sorry yuppie, i lied, maybe not my last mod, but this will be ONE of the last mods......... hee hee.

Old 08-10-2006, 03:59 PM
SoCal Crew Member
Default RE: Neuspeed RSB In

Mine was delivered on Friday, and I got it installed yesterday evening. I went to my mechanic friend because he has a lift and a torque wrench. I am too chubby to be wriggling about under my A3 with just a couple of jack stands. I have mine on the less stiff setting. It seems fine, noticeably less body roll. No oversteer. I will test it for a few more days before deciding whether to move it to the stiff setting. I may not need it, because, as I have reiterated 1000 times, no Open Sky = less body roll. I don't want to stress the other components of my rear suspension, even though things looked pretty sturdy from under the car.