Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

new a3 owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 03:57 AM
Default new a3 owner

howdy all. i just got a brand new a3 2.0T manual =D. since we were kinda strapped for cash i got the most basic one, but tis all good. out of curiosity, is there a certain way i should break the engine in? i heard from a lot of people that new engines need to be broken in, but considering this is my first turboed car, im not sure exactly how to go about this. can anyone shed any insight on this matter? thanks.

Old 02-18-2007, 05:08 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: new a3 owner

ORIGINAL: mrodsunshine

howdy all. i just got a brand new a3 2.0T manual =D. since we were kinda strapped for cash i got the most basic one, but tis all good. out of curiosity, is there a certain way i should break the engine in? i heard from a lot of people that new engines need to be broken in, but considering this is my first turboed car, im not sure exactly how to go about this. can anyone shed any insight on this matter? thanks.
[sm=welcomesign.gif]
You need to read pages 253- 257 of your manual. First 600 miles, no full throttle, avoid high engine speeds. 600 to 1000 miles, speeds can gradually be increased. Do not rev engine up to high speeds when it is cold.

Old 02-19-2007, 01:05 AM

I also have the base, but with DSG. There are actually some pluses for me with the base, wheels, fabric seats, and I even like the more understated interior, to me it's a little more sportscar and less luxury GT. On the other hand, I would prefer the sport suspention, and the paddle shifters might be fun, though some people say they use the lever more often. At any rate, you will find the A3 a great car to drive. Enjoy it!

Old 02-19-2007, 05:49 AM
1st Gear

You are a wise person for knowing your limits with cash, yet still able to get into an A3. You STILL get the same engine, suspension, safety, and all around functionality as the rest of us. I'm sure you'll be gettin mods.

I'm fortunate enough to have a loaded A3, but heck this is my fifth new car in my lifetime. I have a Premium, which means you and I have the same suspension. I think it's pretty decent but wonder how it would be with Sport. I'm waiting for someone to make an aftermarket that is adjustable on the dash to change on the fly.

Welcome!