Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

New Audi A3 2.0T and Audio Pkg question!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 10:33 AM
1st Gear
Default New Audi A3 2.0T and Audio Pkg question!

First of all I'd like to say thanks for such a great place to info share about these great cars! After driving VW's for the last 17 years I picked up my first Audi yesterday - A3 2.0T 6MT with Premium Pkg, Audio Pkg, Cold Weather and Open Sky. Reading through the threads here really helped me to finalize the plan to pick the A3 out with confidence. I LOVE this car! I'm 6'7 and I still fit perfectly even with open sky - it's so comfortable to drive!

Now I have a question about the Audio Pkg (Bose system, non-Nav) which is included in my car. It has the Audi Symphony II system and the documentation that comes in the owners pkg is NOT GREAT! At any rate, all of the sales documentation for Canada (pricesheet, Glossy brochure etc) says that the Audio Pkg includes 'Sirius Satellite radio'. When I pressed the SAT button yesterday at the delivery it said 'no receiver' on the display and the sales guy told me that I still have to buy a receiver for the car, that it is not included. He said that the radio is compatible (but only for XM for Audi - he said VW uses Sirius - huh???) and the antenna is on the roof, but the receiver does NOT come with the car. My question is am I not understanding something or was the dealer not telling me the truth? I've never had SAT before but in my opinion if all the documentation says 'Sirius Satellite radio' is included with the Audio Pkg then the receiver should be included, yes? Before I go marching off to ask him to verify or checking with Audi Canada I wanted to see if any of you could confirm if this is true or not.

Thanks again for any info you can provide.

Cheers!

Old 12-29-2006, 11:42 AM
Default RE: New Audi A3 2.0T and Audio Pkg question!

First off, Congratulations! Secondly, I live in the US, so I might have different information than is provided in Canada. I have the same stereo as you and listen to Sirius everyday on my way to work. However, I negotiated to have them install the receiver and antenna for Sirius satellite radio. Your head unit is compatible with either XM or Sirius, but you need the hardware installed before you can activate the radio. I believe they were charging around $400 USD for the hardware and install here. Definitely worth it in my opinion. If you paid for the service as part of your car purchase, then all of that including a free 3-month subscription should be included.

Cheers!

Old 12-29-2006, 05:02 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: MrSix7
Now I have a question about the Audio Pkg (Bose system, non-Nav) which is included in my car. It has the Audi Symphony II system and the documentation that comes in the owners pkg is NOT GREAT! At any rate, all of the sales documentation for Canada (pricesheet, Glossy brochure etc) says that the Audio Pkg includes 'Sirius Satellite radio'. When I pressed the SAT button yesterday at the delivery it said 'no receiver' on the display and the sales guy told me that I still have to buy a receiver for the car, that it is not included. He said that the radio is compatible (but only for XM for Audi - he said VW uses Sirius - huh???) and the antenna is on the roof, but the receiver does NOT come with the car. My question is am I not understanding something or was the dealer not telling me the truth? I've never had SAT before but in my opinion if all the documentation says 'Sirius Satellite radio' is included with the Audio Pkg then the receiver should be included, yes? Before I go marching off to ask him to verify or checking with Audi Canada I wanted to see if any of you could confirm if this is true or not.
Thanks again for any info you can provide.
Cheers!
You need to check this on your window sheet (equipment/options) to see if it was part of your purchase, if not its extra $$ as Chef says. The current Canadian Audi package is $1250 Canadian versus USA version is $1350 US.
I also see under Audio Package in my 2007 A4 brochure but not in the 2007 A3 brochure: SIRUS Satellite Radio (Delayed introduction in Canada)

Old 12-29-2006, 09:56 PM
1st Gear

Thanks guys. I confirmed with Audi Canada today also that they do not include the receiver. In my opinion that's false advertising when they state everywhere that the audio package includes "Sirius Satellite Radio" but ah well. It'll be worth the money, plus I got a good deal on the car to begin with so I'm not as concerned. I didn't originally want the Bose system, so the dealer discounted most of the price of the audio package option on top of the discount we'd already negotiated for the car anyhow since the car was sitting in their inventory.