Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

OEM Bluetooth Phonebook

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 10:44 AM
1st Gear
Default OEM Bluetooth Phonebook

Hello everyone! First post but long time reader. Just got my A3 this week but am having issues with the OEM bluetooth setup.

I've successfully connected my phone and the car loads my phonebook which I can scroll through on the dash. According to the manual, I should be able to scroll through to the number I want to save to the car's internal phonebook for speed dialing. Apparently there are 2 ways to save numbers from cell phones phone book to the car's internal phone book. The instuctions are as follows:

Method #1:
-scroll to number
-press talk button, wait for chime
-say name you want to save under
-repeat name again when prompted
-name and number are then saved to phones internal phonebook and now has an '-->' next to the name entry on the dash

Method #2:
-scroll to number
-press talk button, wait for chime
-say 'store number'
-say name
-repeat name again when promted
-name and number are then saved to phones internal phonebook and now has an '-->' next to the name entry on the dash

When I try to follow Method #1: After i scroll to the number i want, press the talk button and say the name, it says the command is not recognized.

When I try Method #2 I'm able to say the name and then repeat it. Once I do, the computer then asks for the number. It is somehow not reading the number which has been preselected on the dash menu. I am able to say the number and store it into the car's phonebook but I still cannot use the speed dial feature. By speed dial feature, I mean where you can press the 'talk' button and when say the name you want to dial and it will dial automatically. Right now, i have to press the 'talk' button, say 'select name,' say name, then say 'dial.' It works but I think it simply takes too long and knowing the fact that I should be able to use the speed dial annoy's me.

From what i've read on this forum I'm sure ONE(or more) of you guys may be able to give some insight. Any any would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance...

Old 02-07-2013, 02:26 PM
1st Gear

Hi

I read the problem you had with your bluetooth phone book entry. I am having exactly the same problem with my q7.
Have you managed to solve this problem and if so can you please share the solution with me. I would really appreciate if you could send me a mail to
robkhan66@gmail.com

Many thanks

Rob Khna

Old 03-01-2021, 11:15 AM

<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}--><!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->Reading Ojo App | Students Factory
A unique gaming App developed to inspire the reading habit through a competitive spirit. “OjO” as in Reading OjO refers to the eye which is keen to read. The motive of Reading OjO is to persuade every eye ready to read, read and read. Reading OjO is all about creating a fun habit through the convergence of Technology, Academics, Gamification and General Knowledge.