Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

RNS-E doesn't read MP3 CDs correctly

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 09:05 AM
Question RNS-E doesn't read MP3 CDs correctly

Hellow,

I have a strange problem with my RNS-E system, using 2007 European Nav-DVD (this should give you the software version?). When I put an MP3 CD in the CD player in the unit itself (I don't have a cd changer), it reads the CD most of the time (some CDs are not recognized but most of them are) but it only shows part of the songs that are on it. It isn't a constant number but it's about 20-30 songs that are recognized and it's like there would be no more songs on the CD. But I know for sure there are about a 120 songs on it and the CD is perfectly OK. I can read it in my computer. I also checked the encoding of the mp3s but it's not that the RNS system only detects mp3s encoded in a certain way. It just recognizes the first 20-30 files and ignores all files afterwards even if there are files present there with the same encoding as the first files. Sometimes it also recognizes folders on the cd but not all of them. And some files in these folders then are missing.

Does anyone have an idea what could be the cause or what I can do to determine the origin of this problem?

Thanks in advance!

P.S: I hope this isn't a question that has already been posed here but I couldn't search for "mp3" on this forum, so ...

Old 01-12-2009, 07:41 PM
1st Gear

Why not just put the songs in a SD card?