Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Shes Perfect...For the next five hours

Old 03-24-2008, 06:49 PM
1st Gear
Default Shes Perfect...For the next five hours

Koni FSD and Eibach pro-kit installed. Really nice ride. Softer than GTI stock suspension. Picture shows shape of streets in my area. Steering is noticeably heavier than before for small corrections. Absorbs bumps like you wouldnt believe and the car doesnt pitch and roll like it used to. You probably already know this but these things are fantastic. Its pretty funny to pull a light next to a mini and be lower.

Also the REVO demo may be in there now. Not sure ;-). The main symptom is that he car is pulling like a motherf^&er above 3k. Ilove it the way it is right now but dont want to f the engine up; certainly not now when shes riding so nice. Im at 8k and am not burning much oil (knock on wood) should i worry. Whats the worst case anyone has heard of for stage 1 problems?

Is anybody chipped with audicare?

[IMG]local://upfiles/39782/DFD5803C6DFE4DE6A34B59727DE9025C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-24-2008, 07:02 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Shes Perfect...For the next five hours

You need to upgrade your DV, check out forge. This is almost a must when you chip the car to prevent the stock DV from tearing.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:53 PM
1st Gear

does anyone sell the Forge cheaper than retail or do you have to get it from them?

Old 03-24-2008, 08:57 PM
1st Gear

Worst case....probably that you have fried a major (read expensive!) engine component and your clever Audi dealership finds a convenient way of denying warranty cover. It's totally within their right, and if you play with the ECU, it's not at all difficult for them to say the changes to the ECU caused the failure of "X" engine part. (Though to be clear, in the US at least, it would not void your entire warranty, just things directly related to the ECU)

That, in my view, is the worst scenario, especially if the problem wasn't related to the chip anyhow!

But aside from that drama, I'm chipped, and so are a lot of other users on these boards, and they have driven 1000s of miles with no problems. In my view, the benefits of the chip totally out-weigh the cons. But if you get it chipped, you should go in knowing that you might be without a warranty, depending on the attitude of the dealer. I'm not sure if it is just with Superchips, but I had my TDI in with Audi Taiwan for full diagnostics, and they NEVER found the software. That was the main reason I chose superchips even though there are a couple of even wilder ECU tunes out there for a TDI engine, wanted the stealth and a little more peace of mind that I can hang on to my warranty. So far it is stealth, just as they said it is. (though I think the next time I take my car in and they notice that I have dropped it over an inch all around on new coilovers, they may be a little suspicious!

And dude, where do you live??? Those streets look ROUGH!!

Old 03-25-2008, 11:40 AM
1st Gear

Guys,

Any creedance in the thread below. Im mulling the DV at the moment. Im a Ch.E. not an M.E. so the report will take more time to digest.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3336171

Seems to suggest that Forge may increase stress on the turbo because of the way it actuates. Old news?