Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

squeek squeek squeek

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 07:15 AM
1st Gear
Default squeek squeek squeek

ok this problem the car has is my fault but now its just getting on my nerves.

i had a acciedent a few months back. the car s front right wheel had to to be repaired. no body work just parts.

now after the repairer said it was fixed i am driving it and all i hear now is squeek squeek as the right wheel goes around. fisrts they say, get new discs. so i did, then i need new pads, so i did, then a new stub axel so i did and wheel bearing kit, SO I DID. and the noise is still there.

the noise gets worse when i press the breaks down, souns like somethings rubbing

ANY HELP PLZ, i cant drive around likethis.

Old 01-15-2007, 03:26 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: squeek squeek squeek

Kinda hard to diag without seeing it. Try jacking up the front end of your car and take the wheel off on the side that you have problems. Then rotate the rotor and see if you can locate the sound. If that doesn't work you can always put the car drive while its jacked up and try to reproduce the sound that way.

My thoughts on what might be causing the issue is the following. Alignment, bad brake caliper, or bad shock. Could you elaborate a little on what happened in your accident?

Old 01-15-2007, 08:07 PM

ORIGINAL: A3Night

Kinda hard to diag without seeing it. Try jacking up the front end of your car and take the wheel off on the side that you have problems. Then rotate the rotor and see if you can locate the sound. If that doesn't work you can always put the car drive while its jacked up and try to reproduce the sound that way.

My thoughts on what might be causing the issue is the following. Alignment, bad brake caliper, or bad shock. Could you elaborate a little on what happened in your accident?
The bolded part is a very bad idea with any car.
Take it back to the shop and get it diagnosed properly with a lift or have the mechanic take a ride with you.

Can you elaborate more on what happened?

Old 01-15-2007, 08:45 PM
1st Gear

hey . the cars back at the shop today. i took him for a drive and he seems pretty stumped at whats making the noise. he says that it could be thats somethings loose but hes not positive. I ask if it may be the caliperand he said its not. Ill let you guys know when i find out whats the problem is. ive told him to keep it until its fixed.

With the acciedent i wasnt consentrating and had my head down as a corner approached. when i raised my head the corner was right infront of me. I stupidly turned the wheel and cliped the gutter just with the turned wheel, which bent the whole right under front half of the car. had to be towed away.

this is why is so confusing in whats making the noise. i have all new parts, so thats why no one knows wht the problem is.

Old 01-15-2007, 09:17 PM
2nd Gear

hmm.. head down... not going to ask but[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 01-15-2007, 09:26 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Perhaps it's the right drive shaft or the wheel bearings.

Yes I know he said he gets worse when he's on the brakes. But when you brake the rotation of these two parts slow down, making it more likely to hear a periodic (by that I mean at regular intervals) squeaking or rubbing.

Old 01-16-2007, 04:05 AM
1st Gear

hey me again. yeh the noise is a squeak and a rubble because the vibration come back through the pedals. and the bearings and drive shaft have been fixed..... there chechking atm if they have been put in properly

Old 01-18-2007, 09:43 PM
1st Gear

hey the car is back on the road and making no niose. they finally found the problem it was the backinging plate rubbing because it was bent. Thanks guys for the help

Old 01-19-2007, 08:04 AM
1st Gear

LOL
Well, If I would have checked this earlier i would have said check the brakes back plate. I had done the same thing years ago on a 94 Jetta and that was the problem. I need to keep up on all these posts.