Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 12:51 AM
1st Gear
Default Suggestions

Hi all!
Just wanting to know what everyone use's to polish there girls?
Wax?
Soap?
Products?
I had been using a local touchless car wash when I was in Vegas and they did an incredable job at getting every little detail. But now in MT they don't have fancy car wash's like that and I'm going back to hand washing. Since you all have darker shades I would love your opinions so I can keep my girl clean and swirl free.
Thanks for any help

Old 09-13-2007, 03:50 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Suggestions

I like Meguiar's and Mother's products. I know there are more expensive, fancier, perhaps more effective brands, but I take the time out to pamper the lady so it's ok if I have to wax every month.

So my schedule is - wash every two weeks, wax every month, clay bar every 3-4 months, bug and tar remover when needed.

I use the Meguiar's luxury car shampoo, the Meguiar's NXT wax, and the Mother's clay bar.

Oh and for drying the car - THE CALIFORNIA WATER BLADE - cuts drying time by more than half. After that, just wipe down with microfiber.

And remember to not wax on and wax off in circles - it'll lead to swirls. Back and forth motion.

I keep a couple things in the trunk too -
- bottle of quick detailer spray (I use Meguiars) really helps when you get the random bird crap, etc off before it burns through your paint.
- california car duster - dust once a day to keep it nice and shiny. Don't have to wash as much if you do this.
- california water blade - for when you get hit with sprinklers and need to dry before getting water spots
- 2 or 3 microfiber towels.

If you go on forums.audiworld.com/a3 and look for Muranodaddy - that guy keeps his car ridiculously clean. Search for some of his posts on car care. My routine pales in comparison.

Old 09-13-2007, 03:51 AM
1st Gear

all meguiar's gold class products

- shampoo
- vinyl & rubber cleaner
- leather cleaner/conditioner
- clear coat wax
- 'final inspection' spray [love that stuff!]

my car is almost "too slick". I have to warn ppl to not lean on it for fear of falling.

also reccommend the micro fiber towels from them as well. kicks major a** gettin the wax off.
soft terry clothes for other sprays and conditioners

do a quick blow off of all water in creases and surface area with air compressor. then wipe off remaining with microfiber towel

Old 09-13-2007, 10:34 AM
1st Gear

I've been happy so far with Zymol, but I think I'll try Meguire's next time. My car's silver, but there is a black metal panel behind the Open Sky.

Slight sidestep, but has anyone tried those Zorbeez towels for drying? I'm considering giving them a shot.

EDIT: in my brief boredom I looked for Zorbeez consumer reviews and they're pretty miserable .

Old 09-13-2007, 11:19 AM
2nd Gear

My routine:

Wash every 1-2 weeks as weather allows. I use the Mr. Clean AutoDry -- works like a charm! I still go over it and towel off any pooled water, but when it's 95 degrees out you have a very small window to dry the car off before it begins to spot.

Wax every 2 weeks - 1 month with Meguiars Gold Class liquid wax

Polish every 6 months with Meguiars Deep Crystal Polish

Clay bar once per year with Meguiars clay bar kit (Can you tell I like Meguiars products?). I have read that you should clay bar no more than once or twice per year because a clay bar is basically the most harsh abrasive you can use on your paint and overuse will start eating through your clear coat.

I use Rain-X Bug and Tar Remover as necessary when washing. During the summer, this is usually once or more per week because we have crucial amounts of love bugs in Florida. A word of warning: the bug and tar remover will take your wax right off, so be prepared to re-wax.

I also keep a couple bottles of Meguiars Quick Detailer in the car and garage for small jobs between washes.

Old 09-13-2007, 01:58 PM
1st Gear

I've tried pretty much every somewhat reasonably priced product out there and have settled on the Menzerna line of products including their FMJ, Final Polish II, car wash soap, Detail Spray, etc.

But having said that, I'm going to order the new Ultima line of products that's probably gonna run me around $250 which far surpasses what I feel is "reasonable".
But if it works like they claim, it will be worth it

Old 09-13-2007, 03:03 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: 4RINGSROD

Just wanting to know what everyone use's to polish there girls?
I use my belly and alot of sweat [sm=wtf.gif]

Sorry but I just had to do it