Go Back  AudiForums.com > Audi Models > Audi A3
 Turbo/Fuel injection problem? >

Turbo/Fuel injection problem?

Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Turbo/Fuel injection problem?

Old 01-20-2008, 03:30 PM
1st Gear
Default Turbo/Fuel injection problem?

My 2006A36speed manualhas 53000 miles on it and has never had any problems. Of course, now that the warranty is out the engine light has popped on. The problem mostlyoccurs when getting on the highway. While putting the pedal to the floor and trying to shift into 4,5, and 6th gear the turbo will not work and the car has no power.Seems as if no fuel is getting to engine. It sometimes last 5-30 seconds before the turbo works and itgets power again. It happens everyday and will take into the shop soon. Has anyone else had this problem, or does anyone know what this may be?

Cheers

Old 01-20-2008, 08:40 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Turbo/Fuel injection problem?

Never heard of this prob. before, but if you could check the fault code with a VAG tool (preferably) or an OBD-II scanner, we could probably offer you some advice.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:12 PM
1st Gear

Car sat in the garage over the weekend. I got in it this morning and the check engine light was off. This happens every other day. The light is on one day and then off the next. I am still having the same problem of the turbo not working once it gets up to 55mi or so. I have an appointment for Thursday. Hopefully the light pops back on. The dealer doeshave record of me complaining of this problem before the warranty went out, so it may be covered anyhow.

cheers

Old 01-22-2008, 02:15 AM
2nd Gear

Most (maybe all) OBD-II cars will log any codes, so even if the light goes off the code can still be read for some time. The code will not clear itself until the car has gone through several on/off ignition cycles (somewhere around 40 cycles if I remember correctly). The dealer/shop should still be able to pull the code.