Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

unlocking digital dash on climate control. .?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 09:19 PM
Default unlocking digital dash on climate control. .?

i have just seen on ebay that you can get the diagnostic tool to light on your climate control screen and it shows you your mph etc does any1 know how to do this? i could do it on my zetec-s but the audi is new to me

many thanx rick

Old 05-26-2006, 02:09 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: unlocking digital dash on climate control. .?

Hey, Rick;
Remember me? I'm the guy you called a silly **** a few weeks ago because I heel/ toe a FWD car. I'm still waiting for your tutorial on high performance driving without heel/ toe downshifting. I've been to the track twice since your post (Audi club and Porsche club events); none of us can figure out how you do it, must be a new and supersecret technique.
Please post it here for us; we are anxious and willing to learn a better, faster way.

Old 05-26-2006, 09:45 AM

press and hold all buttons then turn the ignition on then keep them pressed it will go into diagnostic mode

Old 05-26-2006, 03:46 PM

ORIGINAL: hesaputz

Hey, Rick;
Remember me? I'm the guy you called a silly **** a few weeks ago because I heel/ toe a FWD car. I'm still waiting for your tutorial on high performance driving without heel/ toe downshifting. I've been to the track twice since your post (Audi club and Porsche club events); none of us can figure out how you do it, must be a new and supersecret technique.
Please post it here for us; we are anxious and willing to learn a better, faster way.

heal and toe will not work on fwd how can u control a car by slowing down its driving wheels while still on the power?

it is for a rwd car cos when you brake a rwd more of the brakes power is on the front wheels and the power is coming from the rear, so when u press the brake it slows the front wheels and the power brings the back and out to over take the front enabling a more controled cornering, so when your car starts running wide you use the brake while on the power which keeps corner speed up but pulls the car back into line

thing about it!

Old 05-26-2006, 03:57 PM

I have found something out and im keeping it to myself, doesn't cut it on this site mate you should tell otherwise bugger off

Old 05-26-2006, 07:14 PM
1st Gear

Rick, it's becoming clearer that you know something about vehicle dynamics but haven't a clue what heel/toe is. You seem to think it involves working the throttle and brake simultaneously in a corner. While this is done sometimes to adjust line or traction, this braking is generally done with the left foot, as you don't need it for the clutch while cornering. If you're downshifting while cornering, you've already screwed up or spun out.

Heel/toe refers to the technique of downshifting a manual transmission car while under threshold (full) braking, in a generally straight line. While working the brake hard, use your heel or the side of your foot to blip the throttle as you engage the next lower gear. If you do this properly, the engine speed and road speed match when you engage the clutch, and you have a seamless downshift while under hard braking. Benefits are that you get maximum braking from the engine, a smooth downshift that doesn't lurch or twitch the car, and you're ready to turn into the corner and add power in the correct gear. It's very satisfying and addictive when done properly.
Please watch racing videos carefully when they show the drivers footwork incar, and you'll see what I mean. You can also read about this in Skip Barber's 'Going Faster' or Ross Bentleys 'Speed Secrets', two of the better books on high performance driving.

Old 05-26-2006, 10:57 PM

ORIGINAL: avant80@2.6

press and hold all buttons then turn the ignition on then keep them pressed it will go into diagnostic mode
There's over a dozen buttons on this car. You'd have to be some kind of circus freak to be able to hold ALL of the buttons and turn the ignition at the same time. I'm sure your right about the procedure, but which buttons exactly? I was hoping to not have two friends in the front seat helping me at the same time. LOL

Cheers Mate!

Chef

Old 05-27-2006, 09:50 AM

think he means the clock button and the mileage reset button, it was the mileage reset button on my zetec-s

Old 05-27-2006, 09:54 PM

ORIGINAL: R31LLY

think he means the clock button and the mileage reset button, it was the mileage reset button on my zetec-s
I know, but then it wouldn't be funny. Sounded like this post needed a little humor shot!

Cheers!

Chef