Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Well everyone I finally decided!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 11:17 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Well everyone I finally decided!!!!

I have compared the A3 and GTI to DEATH, I live right next to a VW/Audi dealership in Seattle. As for the comments about the R32 being a boy racer above, check out the 2008, it's a bit different then the 2004, it has all the same finishes and options of the A3, except for the wood trim option and the giant retarded sunroof options, and really, you could argue the standard options are much better on the R32 at a better price point. Also, it will not have those stupid high back one piece racer seats, they will reseble the A3 seats/GTI seats. I have driven both the 2.0T and the S-line 3.2, and I would have a VERY difficult time agreeing that 1)it is much (if at all) nicer then the GTI(loaded of course)and 2) as fast.Asthetically, the A3 does look like a mini station wagon as opposed to a hatch. It's kinda funny, cause when i was talking about performance with an Audi rep about the 3.2 S-line he suggested I look at the GTI instead...............

Ok, I have NEVER owned a VW before in my life, so after I get it and say if it does suck or breaks down I will be the first to state so. I HAVE had an Audi which i was very fond of. I believe, in my research and observations, that the VW r32 is the much better package.. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO AGREE WITHE ME !!!And to the guy who said a 335 is the better choice with all things considered....you did not consider price, with most the sameoptions that car is a good8-10 G's more.

and hesaputz---it sounds to me like you do neeed some more rectal work, go take care of that right away please ; )

Old 05-12-2007, 12:33 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: cshecks

I have driven both the 2.0T and the S-line 3.2, and I would have a VERY difficult time agreeing that 1)it is much (if at all) nicer then the GTI(loaded of course)and 2) as fast.
I have owned both the 2.0T and 3.2 as well as driven a Mark V R32 in Asia which I assume you haven't. All I can tell you is, you are in for a pretty big surprise if you think the R32 is going to be faster than a 3.2 or chipped 2.0T (in a straight line). This is not an opinion but fact. There's nothing to agree or disagree with.

Ok, I have NEVER owned a VW before in my life, so after I get it and say if it does suck or breaks down I will be the first to state so. I HAVE had an Audi which i was very fond of. I believe, in my research and observations, that the VW r32 is the much better package.. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO AGREE WITHE ME !!!
You have never owned a VW, and you have never driven the Mark V R32 and you are so sure that the R32 is a much better package? That makes no sense what so ever... How is it a better package? Go to the vortex R32 Mark V forum and do some REAL research.

And to the guy who said a 335 is the better choice with all things considered....you did not consider price, with most the sameoptions that car is a good8-10 G's more.
Do more research before you throw numbers out. And even at 8k more, you are comparing a BMW to a VW. WELL worth that 8k IMO.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the R32. It's a nice car. But don't come in here and say it is superior to the 3.2 when they have the same platform, and the A3 arguably has better build quality and material than VW. (personal opinion) And to say the R32 has a great price point is a joke.

Old 05-12-2007, 12:40 PM
1st Gear

Alright kids. This thread is officially done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! later Audi peeps.....sorry some of you are so easily upset : )

Keep it light

Old 05-12-2007, 12:52 PM
1st Gear

Alright kids. This thread is officially done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! later Audi peeps.....sorry some of you are so easily upset : )

Keep it light
Lol... It's funny when kids "it's VW and it's SICK" call adults (I'm 32 FYI) kids when they can't find any legit facts to back up their arguements.

[sm=lame.gif]

Old 05-12-2007, 01:24 PM

Hmmm...I have some extra valium if anybody needs it??? LOL

All I really know is that I'll kick your 3.2L A3 or R32's butt any day of the week. Now, that's a FACT!!!

Cheers!

Old 05-12-2007, 01:30 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Chef

All I really know is that I'll kick your 3.2L A3 or R32's butt any day of the week. Now, that's a FACT!!!

Cheers!
The fact is you will not drive up here (Toronto) in the winter to race me on a non drag race track.

Old 05-12-2007, 01:43 PM

ORIGINAL: eltonsi

Cheers!
The fact is you will not drive up here (Toronto) in the winter to race me on a non drag race track.
Hell no!!! Why would anybody live all the way up there? It gets COLD up there! LOL

You're safe from me in that cold weather, I was just finishing the point. A modified 2.0T will be faster than either the VW or Audi 3.2L. BUT, being faster isn't the only thing about making a car purchase.

Cheers!

Old 05-12-2007, 02:03 PM
1st Gear

I have driven both the 2.0T and the S-line 3.2, and I would have a VERY difficult time agreeing that 1)it is much (if at all) nicer then the GTI (loaded of course) and 2) as fast. Asthetically, the A3 does look like a mini station wagon as opposed to a hatch. It's kinda funny, cause when i was talking about performance with an Audi rep about the 3.2 S-line he suggested I look at the GTI instead...............
That true the sportback (5 door A3) does look like a small stationwagon but not quite where as the R32 looks a lot like a Golf. There are lots of vehicles termed hatchback. From a functional aspect I like them. Many people have discussed this subject on audiforums, fourtitude.com, vwvortex.com, audiworld.com to death. When ever a new model comes out people compare it to other cars, some a bit zealous, others are more neutral and objective. I myself still have one VW that has been serviced way too frequently, so until very recently my opinion of VW has somewhat soured. True their most recent changes are for the better with engine changes and interior features but VW has a lot of improvement to do before I would buy a another one. Good luck with your R32.
Cheers

Old 05-12-2007, 02:13 PM
1st Gear

Hell no!!! Why would anybody live all the way up there? It gets COLD up there! LOL

You're safe from me in that cold weather, I was just finishing the point. A modified 2.0T will be faster than either the VW or Audi 3.2L. BUT, being faster isn't the only thing about making a car purchase.

Cheers!
A modified anything can be faster than a stock anything. But you throw a turbo in the 3.2, and the 2.0T will be bye bye.

Old 05-12-2007, 02:53 PM

For that same price in mods to turbo-charge the 3.2L, you can upgrade the 2.0T to the GT28RS turbo. Now we are in a race to see who can blow their car up the quickest. LOL

Cheers!

Quick Reply: Well everyone I finally decided!!!!