Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

West covina audi SUCK !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 01:42 AM
Default West covina audi SUCK !!

[:'(]
We purchased an audi a3 from West covina and always believe that your service is the best.That 's why we chose to buy from you instead of Rusnak.However, we have a free service for the first oil change there on May 10 at 12pm.Jason Rangsipat was the one who took care.We asked to make sure that it is Mobil 1 for oil change and there were twice confirmation from him that it would be Mobil 1 authentic.After the service was done.My boyfriend and I were discussing that he was so nice till we have notice that the oil change is Castrol synthetic , instead of the one we want.....We have tried to reach him an hour later by phone and already left the message asking for explaination.Today is Tuesday , there is no reply at all.As west covina Audi didn't take care of customer sincerely, we believe that other future or customer who love Audi should not have been treated like us.We will spread all over for this unforgiven service.Thanks again for reconfirm your bad service with no reply at all.

Just want to tell you guy to beware.......
2016 E Garvey Ave S
West Covina, CA 91791
(626) 384-3400

**** !! I hate liarrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Old 05-14-2008, 02:10 AM
Default RE: West covina audi SUCK !!

You will receive a phone call from Audi to ask you to rate your service experience. Then is a good opportunity to provide them with your feedback and even leave a message to your service rep.

It's too bad your great experience turned sour for you. At least know that Castrol Syntec is a perfectly fine engine oil and is on the list of recommended oils that meet the VW 502 00 specs for our car.

btw, I had my 5000mi oil change at Penske West Covina and I agree that Jason is a very cool guy.

Old 05-14-2008, 11:18 AM
1st Gear

The choice of Castrol is perfectly fine for your new Audi A3 vehicle.
It can even be seen printed as "recommended" in the engine compartment.

Old 05-14-2008, 01:09 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: LedZepfoot

It's too bad your great experience turned sour for you. At least know that Castrol Syntec is a perfectly fine engine oil and is on the list of recommended oils that meet the VW 502 00 specs for our car.
For some odd reason, the post that actually includes the list doesn't seem to be in the thread anymore.

The information can be found here: approved oils

Oh, and by the way... Did you supply them with the oil or did you just tell them to use Mobil 1?

Old 05-14-2008, 01:12 PM
1st Gear

Wow!

If the only problems with Audi's Taiwan service were exchanging one approved oil instead of the one I requested, I would be ecstatic, not complaining!

Old 05-14-2008, 01:23 PM
1st Gear

there're 2 types of Castrol, German Castrol is actually better quality than mobile-1 super-syn. Though I'm not sure what Audi dealership uses, either Castrol synthetic oil is good enough. Unless you're really **** about it, you can always bring in a box of mobile-1 or royal purple and have them use your own oil instead.

I do understand your anger though, they lied. It's okay if he doesnt know, but he made an empty promise.

Old 05-14-2008, 01:37 PM
1st Gear

I know the Omaha Nebraska dealer uses Castrol. At least the car I bought had a Castrol sticker showing the date & milage of the last oil change. It's an approved oil for Audi, I've used Castrol forever and will continue to do so. Not that there is anything wrong with Mobile 1, lots of folks use it.

Still if you ask the dealer to do something and agrees to it, it's kind of a bummer when they don't follow thru.

Old 05-14-2008, 01:52 PM
1st Gear

That does suck that they didn't follow through with the special request that was agreed upon. But at the same time, they did use a standard oil that is just as good as Mobil 1. You might be over-reacting a bit as if they put sand in your engine. To be fair, its not the service rep that actually does the oil change. There's also the chance that they don't have Mobile 1 in the shop.

But I completely agree with you... if he promised to do it, he should have made sure it was done. I think I talked to Jason before about a question and he sorta blew me off without really answering my question.

Old 05-14-2008, 09:06 PM
1st Gear

i've had many services at Penske West Covina Audi. all have been great visits and i can't give enough praise to the service advisors. Jason and Chris are top notch guys.

like the others have said, it's not the service advisors that do the oil changes. it's the techs. give jason a call again or even speak to the service dept/general manager to voice your concerns.

give them a chance to make the situation (if there even is one) right.

Old 05-16-2008, 12:24 AM

I have had two service visitsto West Covina Audi...both visits were outstanding experiences. In fact, the service tech as well as Jason both stayed late just to get me back on the road. And I had come all the way from San Diego because of their great reputation. It was well worth the trip.