Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

What can You do to the car without voiding the warranty

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 01:45 AM
1st Gear
Default What can You do to the car without voiding the warranty

I am a newbie and i am wondering what i can do to the car without voiding the warranty. i have an 2006 Audi A3 2.0T with DSG. i have lowered my car with springs and i changed my wheels to O.Z. Ultraleggera's. i also changed my tires to the Yokohama Advan Sports. If you have any ideas please reply.

Old 12-16-2006, 03:18 PM
Default RE: What can You do to the car without voiding the warranty

You can drive it and enjoy it without voiding the warranty.

That's a fairly subjective question actually, because it depends on the dealer, and more importantly, if they know that something is modified. Chipping the car technically voids the warranty, but there are ways of keeping that fact from the dealer. A CAI may or may not void parts of the warranty, but that again depends on the dealer and manufacturer. K&N will go to bat for you if a dealer gives you trouble concerning their intakes/filters, so ??? An exhaust will probably void the warranty on the factory exhaust, but who cares? Basically, if you are truly worried about voiding the warranty, then do nothing until you reach 50k miles. Oh, I forgot that you have lowered the car and changed rims/tires. You have already jeopardized the warranty on the wheel barrings, etc.[:-] No worries, it's all good. Just a matter of your level of comfort with taking responsibility for any mods. Nothing in this world is gauranteed!

Cheers!

Old 12-17-2006, 04:44 PM
1st Gear

Do any intakes or exhaust void the warranty?

Old 12-17-2006, 04:56 PM

ORIGINAL: A3DSG

Do any intakes or exhaust void the warranty?
I thought that I covered that already?

A3DSG, do a little reading through this forum and you'll find answers to all of the recent questions you are asking. After all of the reading, come back and ask follow up questions and I'll help you out.

I understand all of the excitement, I love my car too!

Cheers!

Old 12-17-2006, 05:14 PM

drive it and enjoy when the warranty is out ( which is worthless ) anyway unless you understand all the pit falls and there are plenty, now what you need to learn is how to look after your car without scattling to your Audi dealer nothing personal mate

Old 12-17-2006, 05:33 PM
2nd Gear

My man a3dsg i guess was looking for a concrete yes or noanswer, well there is none unless you ask your salesman or the service guy. We here in the forums can tell you all you want to hear or dont want to hear. Say we say it's okay and you go ahead and change something and they void your shiat next time you go to the dealer you'll probably hate us. I have not heard of anyone on this forum being told by their dealer that a mod was close to voiding their warranty. so go ahead and get that K03 turbo and write us back about the change in power, jk. I personally changed my CAI, TB exhaust, H&R springs APR chip, in a week i'll have a new discharge on the turbo, tranny mount, Oetty kit.
Good luck and Happy modding, oh and happy hollidays.

P.S. I did have an APR badge on the back of the car and was told to take it off to avoid any problems.

Old 12-18-2006, 02:43 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Under the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act, the manufacturer / dealer has the burden of proof if they deny your warranty claim based on your modification of the vehicle, i.e., they have to prove that your modification caused the failure of the part that you are seeking warranty coverage on.

BUT...

Let's say youmodify a part, and another part fails. The dealer gives you a plausible explanation pointing out how the modified part led to the failure of the failed part. Do you have the financial or engineering resources to prove him wrong?