Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Voiding Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 12:21 AM
1st Gear
Default Voiding Warranty

So I just spoke to my local Audi dealer where I purchased my car and also get it serviced. And asked them about mods to my car, specifically ECU and CAI. Now the dude on the other end of the phone said that getting these would void warranty for anything to do with engine management, emissions, air intake and the like. Now my question is, if I get an ECU flash, can an Audi dealer tell that it is there when they run their diagnostics? Obviously, if I get a CAI you can see it so that is more obvious. But since an ECU flash gets you the most performance for your money, it is more appealing mod and it is somewhat invisible, am I going to have a problem with my warranty if the dealer can't detect it? Oh and BTW, I asked if I did get these mods will my free service warranty be effected and he seems to think not. Only I would have to pay for parts to do with those systems (hence the voided warranty) if they need replacing - obviously.

Old 11-17-2006, 12:37 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Voiding Warranty

Ask the jerk if he puts in the CAI for you will he look at this situation a little differently he meaning the dealership?
And then just get the flash, make sure you can go from chip mode back to stock mode, so if they drive the car if its in the shop they wont notice anything, now if they have to hook your car up to diagnostic will be another thing. You have to think hard about these mods depending on your dealership's attitude towards them, i on the other hand have a cool dealership my salesman and the sales mgr. know the APR shop down the street so they send their custom work to him (aftermarket etc.)

Old 11-17-2006, 01:26 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Voiding Warranty

Makes sense, I didn't ask them what they would think if they put the CAI in... Maybe I'll go down there and speak to the dude who sold me the car cause he was pretty cool. This guy I spoke to in the service dept seemed like a (for lack of better word) a$$hole. Thanks stryker.