Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Windshield washer fluid leaking!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 02:39 AM
1st Gear
Default Windshield washer fluid leaking!

When I started the car today, the in-dash display notified me that my A3 was out of windshield washer fluid. However, when I refilled the tank, I heard the sound of dripping water and sure enough, there was a big puddle under the car (right underneath the fluid tank). My guess is that either the tank was punctuated (which I don't think is the case, as the car is sealed from below, unless a rat or other animal is responsible for a hole) or that a hose or plastic pipe became loose. I don't have time to leave the car at the dealership for a day right now. Does anybody know how long it would take to fix this or is it something I could do on my own?

Thanks.

Chief

Old 05-22-2008, 11:59 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Windshield washer fluid leaking!

Hey chief,

My sister's 98' Camry had the same problem when I filled up her windshield washer fluid reservoir one day. She took her car to an auto shop near Cleveland and they patched up the crack on the reservoir tank for $20-something. She left it there for the day though so I couldn't find out exactly how long it took.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:37 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Windshield washer fluid leaking!

ORIGINAL: omnimofo

Hey chief,

My sister's 98' Camry had the same problem when I filled up her windshield washer fluid reservoir one day. She took her car to an auto shop near Cleveland and they patched up the crack on the reservoir tank for $20-something. She left it there for the day though so I couldn't find out exactly how long it took.
Thanks for the info.
I called my dealership today and the earliest they can fix the leak is on Tuesday. They don't have any loaners, but they have an arrangement with a car rental company to rent a car for $30/day. I guess, that's my only option for now. I'll miss my baby!