Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 A4 with 600 miles....stalled!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 05:49 PM
1st Gear
Default 07 A4 with 600 miles....stalled!!

it only has 600 miles and already a problem!! Heres the story. Took the car with me to work this morning. started up fine.(of course...its brand new!!) drove to work which is about 15 miles from home. Found a spot to park and shut her down. stayed in the car having my coffe and reading the paper(like i usually do). I noticed a car pulling away at a better spot, so i started the car andbegan to move it... and it stalled. Put it in park, started it again.(this time it took a few cranks to start).Then it died again. repeated this 6 times. never started. Called Roadside Assistance. while waiitng for the tow(about 15 minutes), i tried to start it again and this time she started right up. like normal. Cancelled the tow truck and drove home. I know i should have let the towtruck take it, but they were going to take it to an Audi dealership in Manhattan (Zumbach Audi), and i didntwant it taken there. So i'm dropping it offtonight,at the dealership i got it from. Any thoughts as to what may be the cause?? Like i said before.. the car has 600 miles on it. what could it be? Not a very good first impression.[:@][:@] What do u guys think?

Old 02-08-2007, 05:55 PM
Default RE: 07 A4 with 600 miles....stalled!!

I get many call outs on new cars simply because they are not run in and its normally the system settling down because its new ( I call it teething problems ) bit of a sod on a new car though

Old 02-08-2007, 06:38 PM
Site Moderator

Dont know what to tell you other than thats extremely rare and thank god you have a warranty. Id be furious. Make sure you get an RS4 courtesy car while they are diagnosing your car

Old 02-08-2007, 08:24 PM
1st Gear

LOL i tried, but my dealer says loaners are for serviceappoinments only. but if the problem requires a lengthy service, they MAY give me a loaner. Yeah I'm pissed!

Old 02-09-2007, 10:54 AM
Site Moderator

wtf they should be kissing your feet. thats bs. people that make service appointments should be prepared to have supplemental transportation. people that have brand new cars that suddenly stall should be immediately provided with a courtesy car while they figure out what happend to your car. what a load of crap.

Old 02-09-2007, 04:57 PM
1st Gear

yup. i agree 100%. and i just called audi to check up on it, and the service rep said he found nothing wrong. just like i thought ! Boy my first Audi and already im getting turned off. I hope this really is just a fluke, becuase the short time ive had the little car, ive actually enjoyed it!. And it hasnt even snowed yet here in NYC. very Strange tho. for it to just shut down for a good 20 minutes like that. Well. if it happens again i'll be sure to post it for all the new 2007 A4 owners.
Thanks for the replys.

Old 02-09-2007, 07:28 PM
18T
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

wtf they should be kissing your feet. thats bs. people that make service appointments should be prepared to have supplemental transportation. people that have brand new cars that suddenly stall should be immediately provided with a courtesy car while they figure out what happend to your car. what a load of crap.
Thats so ignorant. Dont talk if youre not familiar with how the dealers work. It all depends on the dealer. Loaners are available on the spot even if you dont have an appointment. And if there are no loaners available, they will put you in a Enterprise car. At least thats how we do it at my dealer.

And like dave said it could be just from it being so new. especially since its so cold in most of the country.

Old 02-09-2007, 08:11 PM
4th Gear

You should take the 98 Ford Taurus loaner you got because they wouldn't give you the RS4 and drive it through glass into the show room and rev up till the engine explodes then ask one more time for the RS4.. Mabye they'll respond more nicely

Old 02-09-2007, 08:28 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: 18T

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

Thats so ignorant. Dont talk if youre not familiar with how the dealers work. It all depends on the dealer. Loaners are available on the spot even if you dont have an appointment. And if there are no loaners available, they will put you in a Enterprise car. At least thats how we do it at my dealer.

And like dave said it could be just from it being so new. especially since its so cold in most of the country.

Being anew caris absolutely no excuse and makes absolutely no logical sense in any way, shape, or form. I know youre just a kid who is excited to work for a dealer, but you dont seem to be an expert on how a customer should be treated. In this instance, he should be the dealer's top priority and they shoulddo everything it takes to please him as a new customer. That meansprovidinghim with supplemental transportation until they figure the problem out... Even if it takes weeks, or months. There is obviously a glitch somewhere in the car that made it stall, and its definately NOT because its a new car. If anything is ignorant, it is to support the suggestionthat its due to being "so new." I am familiar in general terms,however, with how Audi dealers tend to treat their customers after the sale. So Im not surprised to see them leaving this guy hanging with no loaner car, and no solution to the problem. You seem to get too deffensive when someone has something bad to say about a dealer. Unfortunately, the skeptics and critics are right on the money 95% of the time when complaining of poor customer service, outrageous fee's, and extremely marked up prices on the majority of parts. To me, that is ignorance in the ultimate form.