'08 A4 tiptronic shifter will only downship in either direction - AudiForums.com

Go Back  AudiForums.com > Audi Models > Audi A4
'08 A4 tiptronic shifter will only downship in either direction >

'08 A4 tiptronic shifter will only downship in either direction

Notices
Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.

'08 A4 tiptronic shifter will only downship in either direction

Old 08-12-2018, 01:48 PM
1st Gear
Default '08 A4 tiptronic shifter will only downship in either direction

Here's a weird problem. My '08 A4 Avant Quattro shifts fine in "D" and "S", but when I move the shifter to the right to operate in the tiptronic mode, the transmission will only downshift. No matter if I push the shifter forward or pull it backwards, the transmission will not upshift, only downshift. The dash display seems to work properly, switching the display from "D" to the individual gears when in tiptronic mode.

I took apart the shifter to check for missing magnets, but both are in place. The connector pins for the circuit board are clean and bright. What should the individual lights on the shifter cover do when switching from D or S into Tiptronic mode?

And help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

PLBrand