Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 a4 cranks won't start, help please!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 05:41 PM
1st Gear
Default 2001 a4 cranks won't start, help please!

I was heading out of town car was running great, started acting like it was out of gas (has 3/4 tank) and would not start had it towed, the next day it started for about 7 seconds and then would not start, I had to charge the battery, so I tried the next day and the same thing. I'm not sure if the fuel pump is engaging but when I lock and unlock the doors it sounds like a fuel pump engaging, tried to see if I could smell gas at rail could'nt really tell,

Old 10-19-2011, 08:11 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by wdmar
I'm not sure if the fuel pump is engaging but when I lock and unlock the doors it sounds like a fuel pump engaging
Regarding the unlocking and locking - it's the sound of your trunk lock and unlock.

When my fuel pump broke. I was driving and then the engine turned off... then I was able to start the car 2-3 times, but nothing more. the engine ran for a few second and went off... then I could only hear my starter cranking and the car wouldn't start - it was the fuel pump.

So in your case, it's probably fuel pump.

P.S. I never hear my cars fuel pump working when i turn the key... unless I am outside by the gas tank.