Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 A4 intake

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 03:14 PM
Default 2002 A4 intake

Hey i just bought my 2002 audi a4 but right now its stock as anything. im thinking about hitting it with intake, exhaust, then headers. can anyone give me an idea of what brand i should go with for the intake and where i can find? ive been having a lot of trouble finding a decent set up. greatly appreciated.

Old 01-13-2007, 05:11 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: 2002 A4 intake

Seems Borla makes a decent exhaust. I have been here 3 days and read more tha 2 dozen posts saying that the intake is useless and all it will do is give water more chance to come in your engine and hydro lock it. If you want a more aggresive sound than do the intake box mod, seems you can hear the turbo better. Check out the sponsors and newbie help and links. Ohh, and do a search for either "cold air intake" or "intake" then "headers", etc. in the A4 forum. That should get you started.

Old 01-13-2007, 08:03 PM
Default RE: 2002 A4 intake

alright....quattro?...turbo?...trans?

intake doesn't do much for our cars, infact alot of times, intake will get heat soaked and actually rob you of power....besides that, i'd say the majority of the guys on here run borla, but if you use the search button up under the header, you will be able to find soundclips, and from there you will be able to pick your fav...if you are on a budget, you can just run custom 2.5" piping to a muffler, which would be at least half the price of most cat-back systems for our cars....I figure since you said headers, you are NA, I'd say focus on suspension, and possibly save up for a supercharge...i've seen the kit on ebay going for 3500...besides that are you auto or stick?...auto trans. can't handle alot of excess hp, without at least replacing your valve body...

focus on suspension...struts, sways, springs, wheels, then upgrade the brakes...if you are NA, i'd go for a SC last(and I wouldn't try on an auto trans)

by the way, if you are short on cash at all, save up for repairs for your car, before you buy anything performance wise....I have an account that is always at 2k, although the cars are reliable as long as you take care of them, if it ever goes on a "field trip" to the stealership...don't be surprised if the smallest thing costs over a grand...(just a word of advise)

good luck!